• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

I don't think you'll find many people wanting to wait that long :lol: Acetone may have an effect on the foams, no?
It wont damage the foams but they will not be good to reuse....my method is for those who got new tires and or foams that want to reuse their wheels....racers been doing this for years for race wheels,we do usually toss out the foams after this method

Depending on the plastic and rubber compound, acetone can damage the componenents. I have used this method in the past,until it ruined a set of tires and wheels. Losi MRC tires and wheekls were junk after this method and Tamiya hummer wheels were very pliable :) I find if you just set the tires and wheels in the can elevated above the acetone, not soaking in it.The fumes will also release the CA bond with less chance of damage.

Take them out sooner than later and test to see if they are loose or being damaged.

The tires, wheels and foams were all perfectly useable after baking them. So at this point, it is faster and less destructive. I see no plus side to the acetone at this point :ror:

It wont damage the foams but they will not be good to reuse....my method is for those who got new tires and or foams that want to reuse their wheels....racers been doing this for years for race wheels,we do usually toss out the foams after this method

Depending on the plastic and rubber compound, acetone can damage the componenents. I have used this method in the past,until it ruined a set of tires and wheels. Losi MRC tires and wheekls were junk after this method and Tamiya hummer wheels were very pliable :) I find if you just set the tires and wheels in the can elevated above the acetone, not soaking in it.The fumes will also release the CA bond with less chance of damage.

Take them out sooner than later and test to see if they are loose or being damaged.

been using acetone for over 10 years to take tires off and never ruined a wheel..But then again I have only taken tires off of nylon wheels..Never did this on plastic wheels...

:x Not me I'll stick with the way Harley posted up it was easy and nothing was damaged.

I second that"thumbsup"
it went just like he described, then I threw a little weight in them and i was off and crawling......that day"thumbsup"

Having a blast here in Red Rocks at the Vanquish Comp!

678d6503.jpg

b2a4342c.jpg

aa1a2a8b.jpg

The rig is a runner and oh wow..... this is the ultimate trail truck now! 8)

Also threw in a couple pieces I had from Team3Six. Not sure if the seats will stay or if I will go to the black Axial versions. Either way, it's one more piece to making it my own creation.

Big thanks to Fat Jesus for doing all the wiring on the truck!

e2f560da.jpg

f7524b7c.jpg

Josh, those turned out awesome. I noticed ya took off the seatbelts. Didn't like them???
BTW, I know guys who have had them seats in the trucks for years and they clean nicely if coated in mud. they did so in my TTC truck like they were brand new.

Anyways, thanks for the Props man. I appreciate it and they do look good.

Josh, those turned out awesome. I noticed ya took off the seatbelts. Didn't like them???
BTW, I know guys who have had them seats in the trucks for years and they clean nicely if coated in mud. they did so in my TTC truck like they were brand new.

I did like them but they kept falling out. Needed to get them better attached I guess.

i said it on facebook, and I'll say it again!

I LOOOOVE the rig without the roof panel!!!"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

it give's it a totally different look!

Nice dice!!

Nice dice!!
lol, actually the new dice is smaller and more scale
"thumbsup"

Harley did do a great job with this one. I really love the Orange. Its what inspired me to do my MSD Ultimate Adventure Honcho. I love da Orange.

Now if I can get josh to send me his addy so I can send him some other team3six essential bling that rig needs.

i said it on facebook, and I'll say it again!

I LOOOOVE the rig without the roof panel!!!"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

it give's it a totally different look!

Nice pics, your rig is looking sweet without the roof panel!!"thumbsup"

It does look cool without the roof, but to be honest it was only laziness that it wasn't on there :ror:

Back