• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

e2f560da.jpg

I didn't think the Team3Six seats would look right in this rig, I thought they would look too small but after looking at this pic, they look pretty good8) good thing I was cheap and didn't buy the seatbelts, now I can just buy the whole seat"thumbsup"

I like those Team3six seats, they don't necessarily look better than the stock ones, but like you said, makes it your own. Good to see something different."thumbsup"

Nice video Harley I love that rig bro I'm thinking of going to 4 wheel steering now. can we see a speed video with the HH set up?

Last edited:
Sweet baby Jesus that is just radical. I am in love. What is it like at speed? Can you shoot some video of that? Some video at speed, something on the trail and if you can some jumps? Dude, this is just s awesome....I mean the stock car has basically buried all my interest in XR and SCX10s at this point...I can't put the stupid thing down, and mine is bone stock still. Now that I see this short clip I am really interested in the deal my LHS will work out on two 7990s and whatever else it takes to do this mod.

I have the 4pks for my XR and plan on buying another receiver for that...so I can do this 4ws setup...can you tell me if you spec'ed out what else I would need in the previous posts? Or better yet, we never spoke again about any shooting...do you want to send me this so I can put on the light table and shoot it for you? Then I can see the how's and why's????

Thanks for the work Harley. Thanks for the clip too....my wife hates your guts now btw....heheheheh

Thanks Paul
"thumbsup"

So basically, we have to wait on a video while you have fun. That video better be up by tomorrow. If it's not...were going to..............just wait longer. Twelve advil, a raw egg cracked in an ice cold beer and a greasy pork sandwich served up in an ashtray should help!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Here is a list (no part numbers)

Knuckles (plus bearings and kingpin bushings)
C's
Inner axle shaft (and outer bearing)
Stub axle
Servo plate
Servo posts
Drag link
Tie rod
Hardware

Just added it all up and assuming you are starting from scratch and have to buy all the hardware it's about $110 in parts(using stock stuff), not including the servo.

Last edited:
Guys - would 4ws with bat steering be an option? Let me rephrase this - if I did 4ws - do you think I could work out bat steer? See, I broke my stock servo Friday night while jumping myself for my 4 year old...the car clipped the edge of the ramp and hit me in the chest...when this happened I thought I simply stripped the servo horn but on closer inspection I realized I had completely damaged the stock servo....it floats around inside now. So, it got me thinking..if I drop the money on two 7990ths and wind up busting them the same way on a jump I am going to be bummed to say the least. So, how do I do 4ws and make the thing bomb proof at the same time?

Any ideas or input is greatly appreciated, I thank you in advance.

Harley - as always thanks for the video...you better be doing something I wouldn't do at this bachelor party....have fun man. Stay in trouble.

Paul"thumbsup"

2 tires successfully dismounted!

• Place 2 tires on cookie sheet covered with tinfoil.
  • Preheat oven to 325
  • Bake tires for 30 minutes.
  • Remove tires from oven, leave on cookie sheet.
  • With oven mits or protection of some sort, break the tires off the bead on the side facing up.
  • Flip the tires over and place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
  • Remove from oven and finish removing the tires from the wheels.

EASY! Please be careful! I had some water in my tires and the steam that was coming out could have been pretty dangerous.

Worked like magic. Sure which I had this trick when I had all of my old AE stuff.

uuummm? to remove tires from rims just submerge all the wheels in acetone for 2 days in a bucket...will fall off rim with no damage to wheels or tires..Been doing it for years

uuummm? to remove tires from rims just submerge all the wheels in acetone for 2 days in a bucket...will fall off rim with no damage to wheels or tires..Been doing it for years

2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! That's a lot of waiting compared to maybe an hour and a half of baking.

Back