• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Sorry if I missed it Harley, but are you running just a single BEC? None?

When I ran dual 9157 servo's on mine it was too much for the single BEC. Maybe run 1 servo of the esc and the other off a BEC.

Sorry if I missed it Harley, but are you running just a single BEC? None?

When I ran dual 9157 servo's on mine it was too much for the single BEC. Maybe run 1 servo of the esc and the other off a BEC.

I haven't crossed that issue yet since I haven't really amped it out yet. I could run the rear steer of the ESC since it will have less draw on it. That would also free up the BEC spot on the RX to plug the lights back in to.

The other option is to run this BEC Pro I got from Holmes awhile back. It's just a lot larger and would be a little more of a pain to hide.

Could you do me a big favor and take a shot of the truck from directly over head. I'm shopping for wheels and I'd hate to buy the wrong offset hubs the first time! I'd like it to stay as close to stock width as possible.

Alright, I finally got moved into my new house over the weekend. It was pretty exhausting!

Now that I am in though I can slowly get back to working on everything. I have a whole shop that I have to setup now though so progress will be here and there. The first thing I am getting done is getting the wiring buttoned up so I can run the rig with the new setup.

Hopefully it is all wrapped up by Friday so I can run it this weekend at our local comp which has a ton of great terrain for it.

1/10th scale accessories will still look pretty good in general. The Wraith could still be considered 1/10th, it would just be a big truck :lol:

I remember reading in a back post that you said that this vehicle is LARGE and thats why it looks so good with 2.2's on it, is it scale to 1/10 accesories(winch,hi-jack lift, gas cans,ect..) or will they seem small?

Josh, with the vanquish steering link did you have any problem with it hitting the diff cover? I am thinking it doesn't work right on stock knuckles. Thanks

If you put it on top if the arm the it clears everything with room to spare. With it under the arm I did a little shaving and it clears just fine.

I tried over the knuckle and it toes out the tires horribly. I guess I'll be getting the dremel out.

Hmm, must just be the difference in the stock knuckles. I just had to clip a couple of the diff cover fins with my snips. Nothing more than that.

That's what I was thinking. The arms must be shorter on the stock knuckles. With the link under the knuckle it doesn't even come close to lock. Oh well, I wanted vanquish chubs and knuckles anyways. Thhuank you for your help!

If you put it on top if the arm the it clears everything with room to spare. With it under the arm I did a little shaving and it clears just fine.

But runs into a STOCK servo horn unless you rack the chubs all the way forward.

Hmm, must just be the difference in the stock knuckles. I just had to clip a couple of the diff cover fins with my snips. Nothing more than that.

I added about 2-3° more bend to mine, VP knuckles + stock arms, mounted under the arm. Without rebending it the toe out was incredible but that was my choice with the setup until I change the servo and horn. ;-)

Did you get this set up installed yet? Post up a video if so I'd like to see this man handling the rig with power.

Package from Holmes just arrived!

13 turn Crawlmaster Pro and waterproof BRXL!

13eb3dd9.jpg

Yeah I would love to see a vid. You have some awesome upgrades. I'm considering getting a 4pks and would like to see your setup with the 4WS, Dig, etc. keep up the good work "thumbsup"

Back