• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

wraith kit

Do you guys know if Axial is getting a kit on the market? I really want to get my own electronics and other stuff in it myself. I understand I can always buy the rtr and remove unwanted parts but I see that as a waste.
thanks for the info Harley

Do you guys know if Axial is getting a kit on the market? I really want to get my own electronics and other stuff in it myself. I understand I can always buy the rtr and remove unwanted parts but I see that as a waste.

Yes they are doing a kit but it is not announced as to when it will be released. I am sure it will be a couple months at least.

The belly clearance is right about 2.25" now. 8) I'll get better pictures soon. It's just too late now.

31d89f6f.jpg

5411ca3e.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the new Chaotic Crawlers links installed. They are obviously very stout and they fit perfectly. One thing that I had to do was add a washer as a spacer on the lower links at the chassis because the Axial rod ends are about a half mm wider and you can't pinch the mount down in that area.

5d3e5c87.jpg

b4255e12.jpg

I think the links are destined for greatness. If they bolt on and are strong and light, they will surely be a welcome upgrade. It's almost scary how amped everyone is about the wraith. I can only imagine what 6 months is going to do for aftermarket parts and killer builds. The new ride height is looking really good. I don't have the energy to find my pics, but could you post up a side by side pic of your wraith and say a fat girl? And I can already see your next post! No, THE fat girl!

considering the money you "save" with Losi's Bind'n Drive. I am wondering how much cheaper this will be as a Kit. I am betting you might save $80. Then again its a guess. Considering Axial buys servos, radios, motors and speedcontrols by the hundreds I am sure they get a discount.

considering the money you "save" with Losi's Bind'n Drive. I am wondering how much cheaper this will be as a Kit. I am betting you might save $80. Then again its a guess. Considering Axial buys servos, radios, motors and speedcontrols by the hundreds I am sure they get a discount.

I doubt it would be that much. Mostly because axial usually includes upgraded parts in kits. Look at the honcho, 280 RTR vs 250 kit.

Yeah they fit great, a huge improvement over stock. I only got about 20 mins of runtime but it was nice to have the rig back tracking straight.

Doesn't this have lights? I am asking. Then again I could go to Axil's siteand read the specs. How bright are they? I have this fascination of being able to drive in the dark.

I doubt it would be that much. Mostly because axial usually includes upgraded parts in kits. Look at the honcho, 280 RTR vs 250 kit.

X2

No electronics, but lots of upgraded goodies in their kits. Now, if there were to offer a kit with RTR spec parts, then there would be some savings...

Back