• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Cant the "wraith" be made into a capable scale crawler with say a 35t or 55t set-up?

Yes, it all depends on your setup. I wouldn't suggest a 55 turn motor to anyone though. A capable crawler still needs to have wheel speed. A 35 turn motor is as slow a motor as I would run in a crawler like this.

I have another Wraith on it's way to me already. That Wraith will be built as a scale crawler, rather than the speed focus this one has.

Yes, it all depends on your setup. I wouldn't suggest a 55 turn motor to anyone though. A capable crawler still needs to have wheel speed. A 35 turn motor is as slow a motor as I would run in a crawler like this.

I have another Wraith on it's way to me already. That Wraith will be built as a scale crawler, rather than the speed focus this one has.

After posting that I was wondering if a 55t might be a bit much, thanks for the heads up. I'm new to the scale/crawler side of r/c so I'm still learning stuff. I'll be watching for the scale crawler build.

After posting that I was wondering if a 55t might be a bit much, thanks for the heads up. I'm new to the scale/crawler side of r/c so I'm still learning stuff. I'll be watching for the scale crawler build.

I'll be using one of these motors, most likely the 16 turn (about equivalent to a low 30's turn typical brushed motor).

http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php?productid=420&cat=17&page=1

They have good low speed control and nice top end.

The MIP's or the stockers? The MIP's are doing well, the stockers weren't holding up to the brushless. Look at the previous pages for the stock driveshaft info.
Found it, I'm not running brushless but a high turn motor so they should be perfect for my truck. I've had good luck with the stock shafts, just want something that rotates a little free-er.

I'll likely buy a BRXL Waterproof from Holmes as well. Yes 3s 1800's will likely go in there.

At least I now know I'm heading in the right direction with mine when It gets here. I have both the br-xl and the 16T on the way. Only did is I have 2200 3s. Thanks for all the great insight Harley!

Do you think the stock shafts will hold up better with that set up than your brushless speed demon rig did?

At least I now know I'm heading in the right direction with mine when It gets here. I have both the br-xl and the 16T on the way. Only did is I have 2200 3s. Thanks for all the great insight Harley!

Do you think the stock shafts will hold up better with that set up than your brushless speed demon rig did?

Yeah I doubt there will be a need to replace the shafts with that setup. I also have an idea on how to beef up the stock setup with only included parts. It's a trick we used to use with stampede shafts. You use two females shafts on the outputs and then superglue in a male shaft. With a minimal amount exposed there is no area to twist the male shaft.

Here is a picture of the links that are on the way from Chaotic Crawlers. Can't wait to get these on. These will make a great fix for the wobbly stockers.

8ad70026.jpg

O I like these :shock: I needs

Nice, it'll be fun to have a few running around locally. You going to make it to the comp this weekend?

Yep, I didn't destroy my XR last time around so I have to try again. Mabey I can completely submerge it this time. Looking forward to getting some footage of the Wraiths buzzing around Watts Mill as well.

Back