• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

I had this Stage3 Racing locker laying around so I threw it in. I love that Axial decided to run the AX10 gears. It allows you to use all the parts you already have! However I did have to shave a little off the side. Not sure what is different but the lockers may need to be looked at before you can just use anything.

25386851.jpg

0a32e4f3.jpg

So the battery is topped off and a new servo horn is installed. Back out I go.

Those lockers are pretty strong and hold up to most applications but this was just too much :lol:

I am thinking about taking it to our local KOH track at the DMG this weekend. It's a converted short course track with rocks and jumps. Should be perfect.

Those lockers are pretty strong and hold up to most applications but this was just too much :lol:

True, true... Mine was only pushed by a 10t puller on 3s, but it was a pretty heavy rig so it really wasn't too big of a surprise. :mrgreen:

Josh

Have you tried anything with the shocks to help with the "tipsy"?

I would think lower the stance would help a lot on KOH race and speed .

Just got info on the new titanium links, they will be in the mail tomorrow 8) Making the suspension nice and rigid is going to change things. The stock links are very forgiving and great for general bashing but they just get too soft over time.

I can't wait to get these in hand. :twisted:

Just got info on the new titanium links, they will be in the mail tomorrow 8) Making the suspension nice and rigid is going to change things. The stock links are very forgiving and great for general bashing but they just get too soft over time.

I can't wait to get these in hand. :twisted:

We are happy to help!!!"thumbsup"
We are excited to see how they work out for you.

If there is enough interest, we will definitely produce these links!:mrgreen:

I installed the new VP arms onto the VP knuckles. They seem to handle very well. I did need to fab a new tie-rod but I believe VP will be handling this for you.

06f7716a.jpg

I made my tie-rod from stainless steel tube and 8-32 allthread with Jato ends (because I didn't have enough stainless to use revo ends).

You can see the small amount of bend I added.

08846aec.jpg

d5ae70d0.jpg

Just noticed all the wheeled toys in my garage tonight (all my crawlers are inside). :lol:

8d951915.jpg

Back