• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

I see your point on the lightweight.
Still it's a pity that link does not allow a 550-600 motor to go in. I love 600's

I'm pretty sure that after the very first go-fast bashing period, my goal would be to make it more of a scale-crawler and for sure it will have weight in the (beadlock)wheels.

A 550 will probably fit with a little modification. Overall though I just don't see a need for any more than I can get with a 540 and a 3 or 4 cell LiPo.

Speaking of weight, in my scx10 I threw in as many metal parts as possible. The steel bumpers and what not made it tough but heavy. But this rig seems really balanced and capable out of the box. Maybe plastic isn't so bad after all..

It might be, its the same can as their 27t motor it appears. I threw my first one away after I smoked it but I recieved my second Wraith yesterday so I'll look at that one. 8)

Any chance you will sell one? prefereblly after you get the HOLMES set up in it. The more I see this truck I like it. Having the videos in stock form helped ten fold. I like demonstration videosof RC's in stock form. So I can see how it performs without throwing a few hundred $ at it. Harley's destruct video was great to. Nice to see how much power stocks gears and drive shafts can withstand. Wish the Slash 4x4 held up this good in stock form

Nope! I'm not even opening the second one, just dropping it off to the DMG tomorrow. It's going under my Willys Jeep. :lol:

Any chance you will sell one? prefereblly after you get the HOLMES set up in it. The more I see this truck I like it. Having the videos in stock form helped ten fold. I like demonstration videosof RC's in stock form. So I can see how it performs without throwing a few hundred $ at it. Harley's destruct video was great to. Nice to see how much power stocks gears and drive shafts can withstand. Wish the Slash 4x4 held up this good in stock form

Nope! I'm not even opening the second one, just dropping it off to the DMG tomorrow. It's going under my Willys Jeep. :lol:

HEH HEH! Patiently waiting for you to get that motor from Holmes in. I wanna see if the speed is about the same as the stock motor.

I see your point on the lightweight.
Still it's a pity that link does not allow a 550-600 motor to go in. I love 600's

I'm pretty sure that after the very first go-fast bashing period, my goal would be to make it more of a scale-crawler and for sure it will have weight in the (beadlock)wheels.

"Our design allows for optional 550 size motors to fit as well."

Thats is right off of Axial's website "thumbsup"

GREAT work Harley!!!!

A side by side of my two Wraiths.

3f9f0792.jpg

It is a blast to drive when it's lowered too. The new links from Chaotic really helped in the predictability arena.

I did have some fun today blasting around while at our local comp, but I would have had more fun if I had the new electronics in it (or even the stock electronics) so that I could have crawled in our scale class. The brushless is just a little on the worthless side for anything like that. :evil:

Here's a question. Is it possible to flip the tranny around to have dig in the front? It would be fun in a go fast wraith to have 2wd or 4wd.

I new so please excuse me for not using the correct terms here. I had a MRC an I was just getting fustrated with it. I have been looking at the Wraith as a crawler. I have read through all of the posts and haven't found my answer. Again I am sorry if i's there somewhere. Is the Wraith a good "crawler" seems that a lot of posts about about going fast and bashing.

I'm concerned that if I get it to crawl and it doesnt do that I'm gonna be bummed and no one likes a sad girl.

Thankyou for your time!!

Back