• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

I'm pretty sure the Wraith website says its a pos. dig so it does that already. http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/wraith/index.html It does but what's the advantage to 4X2?
Rwd only? Don't knock it till you tried it. cookies, drifting, wheelies without endos from dragbrake and 4wd. I have a ball with my scx10 set up like that. Only downer is the drag from the front wheels turning the front gears and the diff being locked.

And yes, you would have to turn the transmission around.

I new so please excuse me for not using the correct terms here. I had a MRC an I was just getting fustrated with it. I have been looking at the Wraith as a crawler. I have read through all of the posts and haven't found my answer. Again I am sorry if i's there somewhere. Is the Wraith a good "crawler" seems that a lot of posts about about going fast and bashing.

I'm concerned that if I get it to crawl and it doesnt do that I'm gonna be bummed and no one likes a sad girl.

Thankyou for your time!!

I am changing mine into exactly that. The long wheelbase, large tires, wheel speed and optional dig will make it a fantastic crawler.

Hey Harley...What did you replace your stripped servo horn with...have a Hitech 7955 order order going in mon. morning from my lhs...want to get a solid horn too...thanks and keep up the killer info

Ok so I saw on here somewhere that your running SCX shocks, I just changed mine to XR Aluminum bodies. What do you think about the XR shocks on this rig? Question two can you snap a few good quality pic's of you Rig? it's sick I wanna put it up on my desktop pic. Thanks Aaron G

Rwd only? Don't knock it till you tried it. cookies, drifting, wheelies without endos from dragbrake and 4wd. I have a ball with my scx10 set up like that. Only downer is the drag from the front wheels turning the front gears and the diff being locked.

And yes, you would have to turn the transmission around.

Not knocking am asking.

Hmm... Two Wraiths.... should be ILLEGAL! :mrgreen: Your first one sure does look sick though.

Isnt there a rule in the "man rule book" about this?? :lmao:

Harley, where in MO are you located? And where are you guys crawling?
I am just across the river in il from st louis. "thumbsup"

Hey Harley...What did you replace your stripped servo horn with...have a Hitech 7955 order order going in mon. morning from my lhs...want to get a solid horn too...thanks and keep up the killer info

I am running a Robotronics style servo horn. It's a cheaper knock off version. Not a huge fan of it but it's what I ha laying around.

Ok so I saw on here somewhere that your running SCX shocks, I just changed mine to XR Aluminum bodies. What do you think about the XR shocks on this rig? Question two can you snap a few good quality pic's of you Rig? it's sick I wanna put it up on my desktop pic. Thanks Aaron G

The XR10 shocks are basically the same as the stockers, just with a better body. I went with SCX for the ride height. The XR or stock shocks are a better choice for a fast rig as the larger volume is needed for dampening.

I'll get good pictures soon I hope. I am trying to close on a house in about 4 days and I'm on the brink of insanity :lol:

The XR10 shocks are basically the same as the stockers, just with a better body. I went with SCX for the ride height. The XR or stock shocks are a better choice for a fast rig as the larger volume is needed for dampening.

I'll get good pictures soon I hope. I am trying to close on a house in about 4 days and I'm on the brink of insanity :lol:

Cool Thanks for the info my XR shocks are so smooth compared to the stocks.

Tonight I plan to go over to the DMG and steal the dog bones and drive cups out of my other Wraith. I am going to install 4WS and a VP dig in this truck since I am going with more of a crawler route with it now.

It should make for a lot of fun out on the trail!

I also hope to throw the aluminum roof skin on tonight as well!

Tonight I plan to go over to the DMG and steal the dog bones and drive cups out of my other Wraith. I am going to install 4WS and a VP dig in this truck since I am going with more of a crawler route with it now.

It should make for a lot of fun out on the trail!

I also hope to throw the aluminum roof skin on tonight as well!

Will be great to see it!! Almost as excited as you.

I am going to install 4WS and a VP dig in this truck since I am going with more of a crawler route with it now.
I am anxious to see how the VP dig will fit, I have one ready for when my Wraith gets here (I got shipping confirmation today :D).

I am anxious to see how the VP dig will fit, I have one ready for when my Wraith gets here (I got shipping confirmation today :D).

I am looking forward to getting it in there too. The servo mount is all I am concerned about. I'll look into it and see if the stock mount will work or if I need to make one. If I do then I'll make sure VP gets the feedback and I'm sure they will make a Wraith specific mount.

The aluminum roof panel is done and I will have it on tonight.

The electronics just shipped from Holmes.

I am hoping to have Ti steering linkage for the front and rear in the mail by tomorrow.

Lots of changes!!

I am looking forward to getting it in there too. The servo mount is all I am concerned about. I'll look into it and see if the stock mount will work or if I need to make one. If I do then I'll make sure VP gets the feedback and I'm sure they will make a Wraith specific mount.
Are you talking about the full sized or mini servo mount?

Back