• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

:ror: Hopefully it's not too bad. I did take precautions to make things line up properly in the design. Looking forward to seeing how they come off the table though.

For your sake I hope it turns out better than your paint jobs. "thumbsup"

Oh yeah... Picking it up tomorrow morning.

624d63cbe9c68cc240909def47fe4006.jpg

I have been continuing to look into my servo and winch placement. I am mostly concerned about clearance during up travel. Once the winch comes in I'll mock everything up how I have modeled it and confirm everything is Ok. I have sorted out my panhard setup and I am happy with that. The bar across the top of it will integrate into the shock towers for strength. The mount will get boxed in.

I looked at going to a setup where both pieces were angled at 20 degrees.

Jimmys.jpg

Then I looked at doing a setup where I would mount the winch behind the shock cross member. I was just trying to maximize my space at this point.

Jimmys2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Harely i would really like to pm you but can't what can i do to contact you? about something important!"thumbsup"
sorry it doesn't belong on this thread
thanks- steven.

Looks great Josh. From inception to implementation. Tight quarters in the front means you're doing something right. Very nice.8)

Looks great Josh. From inception to implementation. Tight quarters in the front means you're doing something right. Very nice.8)

It's definitely been a challenge, I was glad to see that it all came together last night. It was really a battle to make it all line up correctly!

Love how the panhard mount is incorporated. Awesome work overall. Congrats!

I still have some clean up to do there but I am happy so far. I need think I'm going to box in the sides of the shock towers for a little more finished look.

Did some final bracing for the winch mount and got it primed and painted (mostly).

This winch is the coolest piece ever though! I can't get over how good it looks and is machined. I want one or two for all of my rigs!

20130402_231127.jpg

Still waiting on some new parts to show up before this thing really looks like new! Thinking some new KMC Endurus would look good but not sure what to wrap them with.

20130402_232448.jpg

Back