• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

That looks great!
I just got my Wraith about 2 weeks ago.
Do you have any Wraith files that may save me some time?

Didn't have time for an update yesterday because I had to head out. Trying to sneak one in now though.

Yesterday's delivery

20130412_164154.jpg

Install complete!

20130412_190836.jpg

The rear axle is most impressive!

20130412_190849.jpg

20130412_191206.jpg

20130412_191255.jpg

Truck is still coming along. Only a week left until the big event at Holmes Hobbies!

Working on building up my bulletproof transmission now. Parts arrived from SuperShafty.com yesterday. Still waiting on a couple things.

CYMERA_20130417_105028.jpg

I will be using an AX style trans case, not the Wraith.

20130417_114821.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h9ohh8GyaPc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harley, I think it's time for a nice Delrin skid to replace the original. All these nice new parts are making it a bit of an eyesore :mrgreen:

At what point is a wraith not a wraith?

It's the old "grandad's axe" conundrum... No matter how many times you replace the handle or the head... Provided you don't replace both at once, it's still the same axe haha

At what point is a wraith not a wraith?

It's the old "grandad's axe" conundrum... No matter how many times you replace the handle or the head... Provided you don't replace both at once, it's still the same axe haha

Exactly! I've thought about moving this thread to the 2.2 section a few times but to me it's still my same old Wraith! :ror:

The rest of my parts for the transmission arrived. Now I just need to assemble the transmission, paint the new interior and wire everything up. I don't think it's going to get new skinz before the event. Bummer but it still looks good enough!

Exactly! I've thought about moving this thread to the 2.2 section a few times but to me it's still my same old Wraith! :ror:

The rest of my parts for the transmission arrived. Now I just need to assemble the transmission, paint the new interior and wire everything up. I don't think it's going to get new skinz before the event. Bummer but it still looks good enough!

To me, it's still a wraith if you're rocking AR60's and a Wraith skid. You're safe. ;)

Exactly! I've thought about moving this thread to the 2.2 section a few times but to me it's still my same old Wraith! :ror:!
dont move to the 2.2 section... its still your same old Wraith:) and looking like a superhero on steroids! haha.

got your sound module yet? going in this? if sound is good?

Harley, notice on the video build of the trans, the outputs for the drive shafts look like they have been turned down some. Is this to fit the MIP drive shafts? Or does MIP have 6mm input? Is this something Rick does now?

Harley, notice on the video build of the trans, the outputs for the drive shafts look like they have been turned down some. Is this to fit the MIP drive shafts? Or does MIP have 6mm input? Is this something Rick does now?

Watch the vid again. Harley explains it. I'll repeat from what I learned in the video. You can get the outputs in 8mm or 6mm and Harley said he got the 6mm. He also explained he's using Slayer MIP hubs with have a 6mm bore. Just watch the vid and listen.

Back