• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

After staring at the pictures of the Wraith from last night, I think I have decided that I want to repaint the cage a lighter color. I am going to go try and find a bright metallic silver tonight, or possibly even a white.

604037_529692087074803_32216268_n.jpg

Yeah white would be sweet! Switch it up and get brighter!! :) Only good side about darker colors is they hide imperfections better. :)

Love the look of it! Very nice fabrication too"thumbsup". I may have missed it but do you know the final weight of the chassis? I'm assuming it's all solid rod because you tig welded most of it.

Love the look of it! Very nice fabrication too"thumbsup". I may have missed it but do you know the final weight of the chassis? I'm assuming it's all solid rod because you tig welded most of it.

Thanks Trenton, I appreciate it!

The last time I weighed the chassis it came in @ 2.8 lbs. It is a little lighter now than it was then though with the new sheet metal vs the old stuff. However it's a minimal difference. If I do another full tear down soon I'll weigh it.

What rear light bar is that. Or is it homebrewed?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Here you go, way back on page 86-87.

Tonight's project.

The EXO....
737c1423.jpg

The Wraith
5b205916.jpg

299fd70d.jpg

49fbe582.jpg

Trying to find the size I need to drill out for the lights.

786ffbc5.jpg

7b04cb78.jpg

Here is where the thought initially came from. This is the Bent and Twisted Fab Jimmy's rig that runs the Ultra4 series.

14b8138b.jpg

All desert cars (including every car running KOH) must run this series of lights. The EXO recently incorporated that as well and I liked the style they used a lot.

Here it is after I drilled out the holes. I'll put light buckets in there soon to test fit.

e9e64c58.jpg

I only got it half welded last night. I'll finish it up in the next couple days.

025a435e.jpg

Man I love this thing, excellent work. "thumbsup" Now I just need to do some desiging and find someome locally, that can laser me some quality pieces for a decent price.

Anyway, can't wait to see the completed product.

Didn't have much time in the shop last night but did get a couple things done. First I worked on a battery tray.

Made a paper template

20130408_215827.jpg

Cut and bent out of some thin steel

20130408_222127.jpg

I didn't get a good picture of it painted and installed but I grabbed a clip from the video update. The new location is much lower now. Nice improvement.

20130408_233917_210726.jpg

Back