• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Finished up my fixture table tonight.

20130313_223446.jpg

It looks like you welded the axle brackets ever think of making them 1 piece and bending them? the table looks awesome

It looks like you welded the axle brackets ever think of making them 1 piece and bending them? the table looks awesome

Welding was much easier for me to knock out myself. I am having a second version done out of thinner material so that it can more easily be bent. Here is that design, it will be sent out tomorrow.

Redesign is ready to be cut. I'm going to go buy a press :mrgreen: It was a good excuse...

Table1.jpg

table2.jpg

Love the fixture!

Different sizes for the tabs would allow you to build the rig at rise height too, endless options!

I have been continuing to look into my servo and winch placement. I am mostly concerned about clearance during up travel. Once the winch comes in I'll mock everything up how I have modeled it and confirm everything is Ok. I have sorted out my panhard setup and I am happy with that. The bar across the top of it will integrate into the shock towers for strength. The mount will get boxed in.

I looked at going to a setup where both pieces were angled at 20 degrees.

Jimmys.jpg

Then I looked at doing a setup where I would mount the winch behind the shock cross member. I was just trying to maximize my space at this point.

Jimmys2.jpg

Your drawings look a little sloppy...let me know if you need help mocking things up.

I use a new program called Bluepainter'stapeandmanybeers. It works really well once I convert those files to magnetsandpopsiclesticks.dammit:lmao::lmao::lmao:

winch question for ya,

I am looking at that Tzi world winch for my Wraith, I wonder if you have yours yet & can give some actual dimensions of the unit?

This is what their website says "Similar size to a servo - fits standard servo mounting."

Will it fit in the VP CMS mount? I am running axle mount servo & that looks like the winch/mount I want if the Tzi will fit.

winch question for ya,

I am looking at that Tzi world winch for my Wraith, I wonder if you have yours yet & can give some actual dimensions of the unit?

This is what their website says "Similar size to a servo - fits standard servo mounting."

Will it fit in the VP CMS mount? I am running axle mount servo & that looks like the winch/mount I want if the Tzi will fit.

I don't think you could run an axle mounted servo and a winch in the VP CMS position. You would run into clearance issues.

Beefy-Winch-Dimensions.jpg

As usual you are the man.
I have a Dinky s mount so it puts the servo allot lower on the axle, the only thing I may have to adjust is how the uppers attach to the S mount.
Thanks!
I assume the winch is a bombdiggitty as it looks?
The link mount nuts (blue in pic) are the highest point on my front axle & they only go up above the front chassis rails a hair.
6d1f13d9-b12e-4432-bf80-8c8ffe662c84_zps57aa141b.jpg

Last edited:
That winch looks soo sexy!
Looking at the pics it looks like a waterproofing would be needed for wet work.
Please post a Vid of a pull test when you get there.

Glad it arrived safe n sound :)

The winch might only need waterproofing around where the wires exit, but the motor inside is very well sealed anyway.
I've been testing one on my honcho without any waterproofing to see how it goes long term.

Very excited to see this one installed :)

Talked with Darrin at Major Metal Fab this morning and I'll have my parts on Monday afternoon.

I sent him a couple different versions of the parts, we'll see how they come out! I may be going for the laminated look. Meaning a piece with the holes will be on top of a similar piece that is solid. For example:

688828d1344347453-koh-build-texas-rarms4.jpg

Back