• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Mamba Max Pro
Pro4 3300
3s 2300
56t 32p Spur
14t 32p Pinion
No weight added anywhere, just the aluminum upgrades.
Truck is a little wider than stock. Running SLW's with 475 hubs.

So i was under the impression that a sensorless "pro4" could not do water at all, but your pics show quite a bit of mud and water. did it affect the pro4

So i was under the impression that a sensorless "pro4" could not do water at all, but your pics show quite a bit of mud and water. did it affect the pro4

The Pro4 is sensored, but no matter what you have to waterproof the motor completely. This included the sensorboard, sensor cable and all the ways water can get into the motor.

The Pro4 is sensored, but no matter what you have to waterproof the motor completely. This included the sensorboard, sensor cable and all the ways water can get into the motor.

yeah i am stupid!! what i meant to say is a pro4 is "brushless". so how did you waterproof yours? i searched how to waterproof a brushless butt all the findings say you cant?

yeah i am stupid!! what i meant to say is a pro4 is "brushless". so how did you waterproof yours? i searched how to waterproof a brushless butt all the findings say you cant?

You can put layers of conformal coating on the sensor board, then silicone all the holes and crack. I also used a healthy amount of dielectric grease on the sensor plug.

I cant get over how badass your rig is.
I can only dream of coming close... I'm snagging a wraith just to see what I can do about building a KOH.

Ill tell ya what, josh sure has taught me some things to. I really enjoyed competing with and against him. Everyone at scale champs really liked Harley and we all enjoyed his truck and driving.
Cant wait for next years truck

Hey there Harley. I got to say, you have one of the sickest wraiths on Rcc. It's :flip off: . You have inspired me to do a rebuild on my with all of the Vanquish Products. I just have one question about the drive shafts. Should i get the max shafts (what item number) , or the MIPs (ax10 or wraith) and do i need to buy a separate hub? Thanks

Hey there Harley. I got to say, you have one of the sickest wraiths on Rcc. It's :flip off: . You have inspired me to do a rebuild on my with all of the Vanquish Products. I just have one question about the drive shafts. Should i get the max shafts (what item number) , or the MIPs (ax10 or wraith) and do i need to buy a separate hub? Thanks

I run the MIP's, the AX10 version (no dig). They are cheaper and use 4mm set screw. The Traxxas driveshaft pins are an easy upgrade to get the through bolt style on the driveshaft connections. Nothing seperate from that is needed.

"thumbsup"

I have my big Professional Engineering Exam coming up at the end of this month. Since I won't have any time to do anything on the rig until then I figured I might as well try and get all the other bits of the process going.

It may actually be time to let this thread die and start a new one for the new rig... It's a sad thought! The skid plate and dash is the only thing left from my original wraith I think and i just put those parts up for sale with the chassis! http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/406928-harleys-jimmys-4x4-wraith-chassis.html

It is a scale appearance mod. Getting the servo out of sight just improves the look and such. It isn't a performance upgrade, it actually takes a little bit of tuning to get it to work just as good as stock.

Hallo Harley!

Is the Vanquish's Panhard kit and servo mount not working properly as it comes? Does it need extra tuning to make it work properly? I was thinking getting it onto my wraith and thought that since it is by VP it would work perfectly as for their quality standards....

What is your experience with it?

Thanks a lot as usual for your precious support ;)

Cheers

Marco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hallo Harley!

Is the Vanquish's Panhard kit and servo mount not working properly as it comes? Does it need extra tuning to make it work properly? I was thinking getting it onto my wraith and thought that since it is by VP it would work perfectly as for their quality standards....

What is your experience with it?

Thanks a lot as usual for your precious support ;)

Cheers

Marco

It will bolt right up and work as designed. The thing is that a CMS w/panhard just isn't as ideal as a servo on the axle. So sometimes you have to tweak little things here and there to get everything setup for your truck. Since every truck is different with things like ride height and servo arm length, you can't have all the combinations worked out ahead of time. It's not a huge deal though.

It will bolt right up and work as designed. The thing is that a CMS w/panhard just isn't as ideal as a servo on the axle. So sometimes you have to tweak little things here and there to get everything setup for your truck. Since every truck is different with things like ride height and servo arm length, you can't have all the combinations worked out ahead of time. It's not a huge deal though.

So of get it right, I should be able to mount the VP kit and have it work nicely w/o big issues..
Fact is I love the appearance of the servo away from the sight but I do like a fairly precise steering.... I think I will have it a go!

Thanks a lot

So if I get it right, I should be able to mount the VP kit and have it work nicely w/o big issues..
Fact is I love the appearance of the servo away from the sight but I do like a fairly precise steering.... I think I will have it a go!

Thanks a lot

I ordered the red tip springs that were supposed to be the softest out there...when I went to install them the red tip springs are already on the Wraith.
I read on other threads the the factory shocks were heaver ones. What am I missing here?

Thanks for the great thread Harley!

Back