• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Decided to rework this design a little. Going to ditch the SCX chassis and just do full tube again. I know I wanted something easier to work on and all that but in the end I just want another cool looking scale rig.

Construction1.jpg

Each tube has a template created. I think I am going to try my hand at fabricating it myself. We'll see how fast I go crawling back to the DMG to fix my work though! :mrgreen:

So now that I'm obsessed with TTC but still love the KOH style I think I'm going to move to a new chassis setup.

I want a competitive TTC rig as well as some cool KOH style. The rig that came to mind was Campbell Ent 2012 KOH and TTC rig.
I threw some lines together today at work. Might go with something along these lines.

F726C1E8-3440-4872-83D8-F7A5E0216A0F-3581-00000347F46251ED.jpg

Are you going to use scx skid still ? Tig or mig welding the chassis ? Nice find on the bender.

Using 4130 tubing it be easy to mig and solder with. Just make sure to clean tubing before welding/soldering your joints. I look into picking up a roll of emery cloth to clean the tubing.

To bad there isn't a scale down program like bend tech. :ror:

2-3/4" x 25 ft. 120 Grit Abrasive Roll

I almost wonder if you could calibrate Bendtech to work. I do have access to a copy :mrgreen:

I agree on the emery cloth. Harbor freight has a crappy roll of it for $5, I usually tear a section then rip it in half to get into the areas I need it in. Makes quick cleanup of the joint. Especially if you don't use 1 oz per joint

While I'm trying to work out my bender and getting the hang of this one I am going to be using rod for now. That Chromoly is spendy and I don't want to "practice" using it.

Here is what I am working off of. Luckily I have a wide format plotter so that I can print everything off at full scale! The plot also doesn't have the detail bars and a lot of the cross braces since those things will just be made to fit.

Construction2.jpg

Hey Bro........

For $33 i need a new bender also
Mine is to complicated and yours looks so simple

Whats the brand and/or Where did you get that one

Thank in advance

Rick

While I'm trying to work out my bender and getting the hang of this one I am going to be using rod for now. That Chromoly is spendy and I don't want to "practice" using it.

Here is what I am working off of. Luckily I have a wide format plotter so that I can print everything off at full scale! The plot also doesn't have the detail bars and a lot of the cross braces since those things will just be made to fit.
What program are you using to design in?

Back