• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Hey Fellas! New guy on the rock crawler circuit. I purchased a Wraith and for my son a scx 10....I have in my box o parts two JR8711 servos that I received from who knows where.
JR DS8711 Ultra Torque Servo (JRPS8711)

At the bottom it says for airplane use only. Anyone of you knowlegable folks tell me why these servos are for airplanes only?...Can I use them in th wraith and scx-10??

Also when installing a ubec...do I just plug it in to receiver or do I have to cut a one wire of the three from esc to reciever?

Thanks for help and thanks for a great thread! Very helpful!

I think I found the answer on anther thread.....

The only thing I can think of is the gearset, despite being metal, maybe isn't as durable as surface-specific servos?
That was always my understanding of it. The gearset not being able to withstand the shockloads a land vehicle would see in say the steering system. Aircraft servos see loads that are more steady (or ramp up more slowly) instead of shock loads (like hitting a rock while driving). I'd imagine the gearsets for land based vehicles are wider to better deal with shock loads.

This would be better in the newbie section but welcome to the board... Harley I have a ton of pics in the ttc picture thread of your truck from this weekend... Thanks for showin that you are just like the rest of us when shit breaks you gotta fix it.. Nice job this weekend ...

This would be better in the newbie section but welcome to the board... Harley I have a ton of pics in the ttc picture thread of your truck from this weekend... Thanks for showin that you are just like the rest of us when shit breaks you gotta fix it.. Nice job this weekend ...

Didn't you momma teach you one of the golden rules....if you don't have anything nice to say zip it.:lmao:

Im sorry I was being nice and directing you to the forum that would best help you with this question? I dont see how you are contributing to this thread as this question is totally out in left field? This is a build thread last time I checked?

Thanks for being nice. It is good to see the thread police are out in force. Do you know the answers to my question...if so...why not answer it instead of telling me where to post it?
Imo this has everything to do about "The Build" A servo question and a bec question is not part of a build? Thanks for taking the time to comment on where to put the questions
but forgetting to answer my questions.

Dan

KILLLLLLER Shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see a 16x20 of this framed for Harley's workshop. "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Well last weekends trip was amazing. I had an absolute blast.

I did a recap article that is up on the home page for anyone who wants to hear more about the event as a whole. I also posted over 20 videos of the different classes and events as well as interviews with each TTC Competitor.

Check it out here: http://www.rccrawler.com/event-coverage/harleysrecap/#more-3799

8)

Last edited:
Now onto some of the pictures that are starting to roll in from the TTC :twisted:

These shots are from Scale4x4Aliance (Pointman).

Truck Pull - Full pull both times. The last one was a little more eventful :lmao:

IMG_5257_zps84a3f346.jpg

IMG_5063_zps682655d1.jpg

9_zpsf4cf79b3.jpg

A couple more from Pointman

Mud Pit - Fried my BEC about 3/4 way through and shut down the system.

IMG_4855_zpsd81fdf58.jpg

IMG_4849_zpsd1d6207a.jpg

Catching some air on the obstacle course! I finished this course with seconds to spare. I was the first one to complete it.

IMG_4198_zps40a7c437.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome shots!

That's a great looking rig. Do you run tubes in those VP axle housings, or are they plenty strong as is?

No need for any extra support in them. The wall thickness on them is very high. I have a picture in this thread somewhere (good luck finding it) that shows one cut open.

Edit* - Found it:

7208087b.jpg

Nice! I have beef tubes in the axles now, but those VP housings are calling my name!

So now that I'm obsessed with TTC but still love the KOH style I think I'm going to move to a new chassis setup.

I want a competitive TTC rig as well as some cool KOH style. The rig that came to mind was Campbell Ent 2012 KOH and TTC rig.

7E22E7EA-87C4-4A61-898E-6D31D303B352-3581-00000347F6FFFB50.jpg

88695DE2-4F56-4206-AF63-D7CCAAA0DF5C-3581-00000347F9026A01.jpg

I threw some lines together today at work. Might go with something along these lines.

F726C1E8-3440-4872-83D8-F7A5E0216A0F-3581-00000347F46251ED.jpg

Back