• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

So why don't we do a mid year TTC? 2 days long so it's more laid back - longer courses like the old original TTC stuff.
I'd fly out to ya for it - heck I'd even like to build it but Vegas can't do mud, we've tried.

I'm leaning towards an SCX base now. I want a narrower skid plate mostly. The Wraith skid is awesome for ease of building but it's just really wide. We shall see. I have to see how busy Jerry is and if he wants to work with tube.

Best bet would be 3 link front & rear for easement of clearing the driveshafts, unless you did something like John's JK link setup.

Little motivation..

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tFATt-Y2vqs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Hallo Harvey i see you are using panhard in the front with servo mounted on the frame
I would like to ask you whether this is somehow better than having the servo mounted on the axle or is it only for real look scale? Or maybe just to raise the servo upwards?

I would appreciate your opinion about this solution on the wraith... Pros & Cons...

Many thanks in advance

Slim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hallo Harvey i see you are using panhard in the front with servo mounted on the frame
I would like to ask you whether this is somehow better than having the servo mounted on the axle or is it only for real look scale? Or maybe just to raise the servo upwards?

I would appreciate your opinion about this solution on the wraith... Pros & Cons...

Many thanks in advance

Slim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is a scale appearance mod. Getting the servo out of sight just improves the look and such. It isn't a performance upgrade, it actually takes a little bit of tuning to get it to work just as good as stock.

Best bet would be 3 link front & rear for easement of clearing the driveshafts, unless you did something like John's JK link setup.

Little motivation..

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tFATt-Y2vqs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

The 1:1 is 3-link rear (due to the mod engine) and 4-link front. Unless I can work out the scale points as to where I don't need the -5 for the from CMS then I'll likely go 3-link front and rear.

From my post in the NWSC section. Here's the video of the Tank Trap. It was ugly. This is a tough truck for sure.

The BEC was out by this time (thus the weak steering) and I had no winch any longer.

For those that wanted to see me try my best to wreck my truck on the tank trap, here is the video... By no means is this extremely exciting. Tried my best to get some more progress though.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y3HB9HTiENo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It is a scale appearance mod. Getting the servo out of sight just improves the look and such. It isn't a performance upgrade, it actually takes a little bit of tuning to get it to work just as good as stock.

Thanks Hayley, i had thought so..

qyqu3uma.jpg

This pic is awesome !!
What is your current motor and ESC and gear ratio set up to manage such a performance?

And, have u added any weight to your rig somehow? Tires? Axles? If so how and how much?

Last, does your rig have standard wraith width? Or is it little narrower?

I love your rig and follow your 3Ds with lot of interest and learn a lot! Thanks a lot

Slim

Mamba Max Pro
Pro4 3300
3s 2300
56t 32p Spur
14t 32p Pinion
No weight added anywhere, just the aluminum upgrades.
Truck is a little wider than stock. Running SLW's with 475 hubs.

qyqu3uma.jpg

This pic is awesome !!
What is your current motor and ESC and gear ratio set up to manage such a performance?

And, have u added any weight to your rig somehow? Tires? Axles? If so how and how much?

Last, does your rig have standard wraith width? Or is it little narrower?

I love your rig and follow your 3Ds with lot of interest and learn a lot! Thanks a lot

Slim

The 1:1 is 3-link rear (due to the mod engine) and 4-link front. Unless I can work out the scale points as to where I don't need the -5 for the from CMS then I'll likely go 3-link front and rear.

Sounds like a plan. Are you choosing the tubing to keep it on the lighter side ?

For another dumbass question, SSZ wheel... use 475 hubs to clear axle stub (universals) ?

Pull a charman and scale crap it up.

Sounds like a plan. Are you choosing the tubing to keep it on the lighter side ?

For another dumbass question, SSZ wheel... use 475 hubs to clear axle stub (universals) ?

Pull a charman and scale crap it up.

Yeah, hoping to keep it a little lighter than the current chassis.

You can trim the stub of you want to use a narrower offset but otherwise yeah 475.

I think I can point it out with pulling a Chapman. :lol:

Yup, didn't have any issues with it. Even after running hard for 45 minutes it was still fine.

I really think the fan is just there to make an annoying noise more than anything. :ror: I ran mine on 4S for awhile with no fan.

Nice meeting you man - you beat the heck out of that thing "thumbsup"

I really think the fan is just there to make an annoying noise more than anything. :ror: I ran mine on 4S for awhile with no fan.

Nice meeting you man - you beat the heck out of that thing "thumbsup"

That fan was freaking annoying! RCBro has me convinced to look into the RS Pro though. So when I swap to the new chassis I may make a change.

Good meeting you too man, we'll see you next year!!

Back