• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Ok, I have read The Beginners Guide front to back, Motor and ESC choice sticky and this one TWICE full through. Not to mention the programming of my 4PL. I am still on my quest to build my wraith without posting one question. Your stickies and this build have helped me out to do it all. I have never before done ANYTHING in the RC world so it has been a fun an interesting learning experience. I'm hoping to be done this weekend. Just waiting on a few VP parts and the Supershafty top shaft and I should be good to go. Thanks again. And keep putting out info and updates. Some of us actually read them compare to asking you the same thing over and over.

Ok, I have read The Beginners Guide front to back, Motor and ESC choice sticky and this one TWICE full through. Not to mention the programming of my 4PL. I am still on my quest to build my wraith without posting one question. Your stickies and this build have helped me out to do it all. I have never before done ANYTHING in the RC world so it has been a fun an interesting learning experience. I'm hoping to be done this weekend. Just waiting on a few VP parts and the Supershafty top shaft and I should be good to go. Thanks again. And keep putting out info and updates. Some of us actually read them compare to asking you the same thing over and over.

If you read everything I can't imagine how many times you read the same questions asked!

Hope your's comes out how you like it!

So refreshing to see this post! "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

I also have been trying not to fill the forum with the same question over and over again. I have found (most of the time) the question will be asked and answered if you just keep reading. And as long as the budget allows i hope to have a running wraith by the end of July.

Got some new parts in over the last two days...

New VP CVD's to test,
8c1fefa6.jpg

A bunch of Crawler Innovations foams to test.

ab7668f3.jpg

Geez, let a guy at least catch up a little bit... Haha.
But nice... Any prediction on how the VP's will differ in usable angel and durability?
I am almost done with my build to get it running but I'll be very interested in which foam setup you choose. I haven't really looked into preferred foams just yet so this is pretty much perfect timing!

Do you at least keep a little Christmas tree up to put all your free presents under? :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

Keep us posted on the performance reviews.

I beat on the truck HARD yesterday to test the CVD's. I didn't take pics of the install because it was so easy. However I will have the chance to take pics again now because of what happened yesterday...

While attempting to brake the shafts with the Pro4 I decided to jump this 11lb truck off some stairs. I heard a snap and the truck locked up. Figured that would do it. However, what broke was not the axles, it was my front ring and pinion. The hit was so hard I instantly felt like a total idiot for doing it.

I bent the knuckle arm and the screw holding it on I think. I cant remove the screw so that is my theory. I need to inspect the chassis and see if I did any damage there, something had to bend.

So the CVD's get my approval and VP is going to move forward without any changes. You guys better buy a bunch to cover the repair bill I'm about to send Steve.

They tell me it's 50 degrees. I did not measure it because I don't have the clearance to use that much angle. So I cannot personally confirm.

50 degrees, 36 minutes, 48 seconds or 50.6133 is what I'm getting on the Optical Comparator..

Back