• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Wow, the best one yet!! Really like. What made you go with another? Backup? Going different setup with this one? Jerry you knocked it out of the park on this one!! :)
3fe42434-235d-2724.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331962687.617985.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331962687.617985.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 2,157
Re: Harley's Wraith - *New VP Disc Brake and Calipers!*

Wow, the best one yet!! Really like. What made you go with another? Backup? Going different setup with this one? Jerry you knocked it out of the park on this one!! :)

I'm building this one for Jim at Vanquish. They take care of me really well over there and Jim said he wanted a killer Wraith at one point. I offered to build and take care of a handful of things for him on the rig. He'll get it in bind and drive condition.

There is a big upside to these things. Once we got everything rolling on it he got super excited and started working on more Wraith stuff! That's what finally got the disc brakes done..... and more.

Hookin up the hookups in a great way. "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

BTW, the panels look sweet!

Last edited:

#2 chassis all sanded blasted clean,
finished & ready to hand of to ya :flipoff:
(just a mock-up hood)

alt253.jpg

come out NICER than #1 chassis,
sorry :mrgreen:

alt256.jpg

nice & clean !!

alt254.jpg

alt252.jpg

thanks josh,
do a good job on it for its new owner.
i know he will like !!

the DmG

So when can I buy one????????????????

Regards Rick

Working on refining the grill. Pretty close to calling it done.

130d44b7.jpg

ashman.jpg

Im wishing you can do a, "how to do it thread"on some of your rc expertise. :) not all the tricks but would really like to learn from you on how you do something like this. I appreciate all your time and effort that you take and share with us. Thank you! Your rig is original with attitude! Keep up the great work. :)

Im wishing you can do a, "how to do it thread"on some of your rc expertise. :) not all the tricks but would really like to learn from you on how you do something like this. I appreciate all your time and effort that you take and share with us. Thank you! Your rig is original with attitude! Keep up the great work. :)

Thanks! This is by no means an area of expierence for me. I'm an playing this by ear. I've never tried anything like this before really. Dinky R/C is local to me as is the DMG and it has just made me think I need to keep growing and trying some of the things these guys have been doing. My original idea was to mill this hood on my CNC but I just haven't finished setting it up again. I need to get around to that!!

with hte mould, how to do you plan on making a hood? i dont get it

I just watched that video and a few others and this is interesting. This is something I might try in the near future.

Just went through this whole thread, very cool - I am new to the Wraith and now I have so many ideas feels like my head is gonna pop. Great work Harley, I really like your build threads, very informational. Thank you! "thumbsup"

No rock lights, they aren't very common in the Ultra4 world.

Well the sound stuff is an issue now. Since I decided to go with the Pro4 I really can't run 4s any more. Without running 4s it is going to cost me quite a bit more to get it going in addition to requiring more room for an external amplifier :roll:

The Pro4 really changed the direction of the truck.

Been running the Pro 4 3300 on 4s since they came out. Not recommended, but it's working for me. The motor's still going fine, but a MMP let go. Granted, It was in a Hitec servo box with no vents.:lmao:

Back