• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - *New VP Disc Brake and Calipers!*

No rock lights, they aren't very common in the Ultra4 world.

Well the sound stuff is an issue now. Since I decided to go with the Pro4 I really can't run 4s any more. Without running 4s it is going to cost me quite a bit more to get it going in addition to requiring more room for an external amplifier :roll:

The Pro4 really changed the direction of the truck.

Is there enough room for a T8?:twisted: They can run 4s.

Yup, a 35t would have no problems with that setup. You would just need a normal pinion instead of the 5mm bore version I have to use with the pro4 motor.

Sweet!! Thanks!!

The blue light isn't required to flash :flipoff:

Rule 6.2.16.4.3
"A rearward facing blue light, in addition to the rearward facing amber light, must be installed on all vehicles participating in the Best in the Desert American off-road Ultra 4 racing series. This blue light is intended to identify slower moving classes of vehicles to faster vehicles approaching from the rear."

But it's cool!!! Saw it on Gordon's rig and a few others.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

Everything is out of it again! I thought you were building a wraith not taking one apart!! :flipoff:

Playing around with some things tonight...

28fd0efe.jpg

3b11c11c.jpg

Harley
Do you have a stock number on the pinion you have that fits the Pro4?
Thanks for the help.

Wow, way to be thinking! I was wondering what you were doing. You must be making a mold to use for mock up and make a custom aluminum version. Right?

Wow, way to be thinking! I was wondering what you were doing. You must be making a mold to use for mock up and make a custom aluminum version. Right?

Nope, going to make a buck and either build a quick vacuum forming table or go use a friends who is very close by :)

I want something that is easily replaceable. I did custom aluminum panels before with this process and it is just super time consuming to to remake them. If I wanted to though I could take the buck, remold it and use that for making the aluminum ones again.

Here is when I did those panels.

Formed a new panel tonight using the new aluminum sheeting I picked up. It was so much easier with the clean starting sheet.

fender13.JPG

fender14.JPG

fender15.JPG

#2 chassis all sanded blasted clean,
finished & ready to hand of to ya :flipoff:
(just a mock-up hood)

alt253.jpg

come out NICER than #1 chassis,
sorry :mrgreen:

alt256.jpg

nice & clean !!