• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - *New VP Disc Brake and Calipers!*

Will you have it running before Indy next week? I want to see it!

Awesome idea for the multifaceted use of the servo grommets.
Most excellent job on the wiring itself"thumbsup"

You have done a great job of making your wiring disappear.
Very clean & professional"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Awesome idea for the multifaceted use of the servo grommets.
Most excellent job on the wiring itself"thumbsup"

You have done a great job of making your wiring disappear.
Very clean & professional"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

I'll say that even I was proud of myself on this one :lol: Thanks man!

Very clean man, that BEC could body double as an Amp. You need some little woofers on either side of it! It's looking clean man, very nice "thumbsup"

on the under side of the electronic panel you may want to add a piece of door guard to keep the wires from chafing.
that is if you will be routing your wires that close

great build cant wait to see it going!

Daily delivery!

The bomb-proof top shaft came in from SuperShafty. Looking forward to getting this installed. More pics on that tonight.

bb5fba1f.jpg

Also in from Hong Kong, my LED's!

8bd0b936.jpg

can you tell me what parts i need to build the bombproof trans? i've got the wraith running the VP ax10 aluminum housing with the VP dig...i tried to disect another post on a forum but couldn't figure it out when i went to the super shafty page?!

thanks man!

can you tell me what parts i need to build the bombproof trans? i've got the wraith running the VP ax10 aluminum housing with the VP dig...i tried to disect another post on a forum but couldn't figure it out when i went to the super shafty page?!

thanks man!

You need the shaft from SuperShafty, the Robinson spur gear (rrp7856) and the Traxxas slipper rebuild (TRA5552x).

I think that's it, I'll let you know if I am missing anything tonight when I assemble it.

cool...anyway you can link me to the shaft? i was unsure which one it was when i went on his site last

Here you go.

cool...anyway you can link me to the shaft? i was unsure which one it was when i went on his site last

Well in hopes of completing a bombproof drivetrain, I'm starting at the top and will continue to work down.

The stock Axial slipper often seems like an all or nothing type deal. You either crank it down to the point where it never slips or it always slips when you don't want it to.

So I was aware of the new top shaft made by SuperShafty.com that will allow you to run the steel Robinson 32p spur and heavy duty Traxxas slipper from the Slash 4x4. He is out of stock currently but I went ahead and got the rest of the parts on the way for the setup. I decided to drop down in pinion size to a 13t so that will lower my gear ratio just a hair.

Here is his thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axle...of-wraith-ax10-transmission-ultimate-mod.html

top-shaft.png

Just finished installing the SuperShafty Top Shaft! :shock:

I'm really liking the feel of it already.

Everything needed to get started.
6699fab0.jpg

The difference between the stock and beef shaft. You can see the difference in the pin size, but what you can't see is how much tighter the tolerances are on the pins. The pins on the new shaft are a nice tight fit, no slop at all like the stock shaft.

f046d6be.jpg

The install inside the trans is just like normal.

Then you slide on the extra bearing supplied by SuperShafty. This is used as a spacer only, it doesn't ride against a bearing surface.

d45648a9.jpg

Then slide on the stock spacer.
6b703d7b.jpg

Now the new pin, you will notice it is a very tight fit. There will no longer be ANY front to back slop in the upper shaft.

0eef969e.jpg

i wish you had a picture play by play of the vp ax10 tranny with the vp dig being installed so i could figure it out haha

looking good. for the panel wraps. are you gonna have the same design as the original wraith panels, or somethin' diff?

Back