• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - *New VP Disc Brake and Calipers!*

Could u ask the man at Vp if he has directions or a how to? I tried but he never got back to me

She is HEAVY!!! But my wraith is 9 lbs and that is without a fully custom built frame!!!:shock:

Looking good Harley!! Get out and get it dirty now!!:mrgreen:

Looking good man!! I weighed my wraith based rig and it still has a long way to go and it was 8lbs.....

Harley, that gear setup you are running........ Is that a good setup for a brushed 35t motor setup as well??

Any plans to updgrade the motor plate? Also, what tooth pinionare you going to install with the Pro4 you are running? Thanks buddy!

Harley, that gear setup you are running........ Is that a good setup for a brushed 35t motor setup as well??

I'm running the full same setup except a 25t brushed and 13t pinion and its still totally slow speed crawlable and pretty fast at the same time. So 35t would be fine too :)

loooooooooong build. guess on page 101 would show me brakes and I was right!. had me all excited about disk brakes.
maybe some day we will run on Brushless and front & rear Disks. 4 position Servo, 1. off 2.full on, 3. front, 4. rear. 8)

best chassis style I have seen.
How about a SUM up in one post
parts list
cost
gears
weight

like the aluminum.
Though I think titanium plate or 4340 chromoly plate would be cool

Last edited:

loooooooooong build. guess on page 101 would show me brakes and I was right!. had me all excited about disk brakes.
maybe some day we will run on Brushless and front & rear Disks. 4 position Servo, 1. off 2.full on, 3. front, 4. rear. 8)

How about a SUM up in one post
parts list
cost
gears
weight

like the aluminum.
Though I think titanium plate or 4340 chromoly plate would be cool

The second post has a break down of my parts. I prefer not to think about the cost of all the parts! :lol:

As for functioning discs, I think we've progressed past the need for those ;-)

you're gonna have to sign an insurance waiver to drive it...lol That thing will straight up take someone out!

As for functioning discs, I think we've progressed past the need for those ;-)

That reminds me of threads years ago, where people were trying to build servo operated hydraulic rams.:shock: Some things just aren't worth the trouble....

LIGHTS!​

I needed some small gauge stranded wire...

So I had an idea.
efd8130b.jpg

PERFECT!
6a40e525.jpg

And skip to the end result. 8)

122ca8c5.jpg

c20b078f.jpg

You got that blue one flashing. Better keep up son. Haha. I'm messing. This truck is the reason for the first ever all ******** chassis coming very soon. Keep it up Josh. Still think there needs to be an ultra 4 class to start competing or at least for fun at the big events.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

You got that blue one flashing.

The blue light isn't required to flash :flipoff:

Rule 6.2.16.4.3
"A rearward facing blue light, in addition to the rearward facing amber light, must be installed on all vehicles participating in the Best in the Desert American off-road Ultra 4 racing series. This blue light is intended to identify slower moving classes of vehicles to faster vehicles approaching from the rear."

Looks great! Are you adding more on under side? Rock lights? Any updates on sound equipment soon?

No rock lights, they aren't very common in the Ultra4 world.

Well the sound stuff is an issue now. Since I decided to go with the Pro4 I really can't run 4s any more. Without running 4s it is going to cost me quite a bit more to get it going in addition to requiring more room for an external amplifier :roll:

The Pro4 really changed the direction of the truck.

Back