• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - *New VP Disc Brake and Calipers!*

I got this delivery in the mail today from War Pig. He has been making winch spools for servo winches for awhile now but he finally got around to making Futaba version (much to my liking)!

The machining quality on these is very high. I am impressed. Maybe I can get him to post up some more info on them later. These are two different sizes.

8235fe75.jpg

I got this delivery in the mail today from War Pig. He has been making winch spools for servo winches for awhile now but he finally got around to making Futaba version (much to my liking)!

The machining quality on these is very high. I am impressed. Maybe I can get him to post up some more info on them later. These are two different sizes.

8235fe75.jpg

I NEED :shock:

Glad to hear you got them Josh. Figured I'd send two widths and let you choose which one would work for you. I just sent a batch to Norm at Team3six, he will be selling both the Hitec and Futaba spools. Not too bad for a 40 year old lathe and a machinist that has no idea what he's doing :).

He sent two and I only need 1. :lol: I've got your address.

You're the best. All that crap everybody says about you isn't true.

Glad to hear you got them Josh. Figured I'd send two widths and let you choose which one would work for you. I just sent a batch to Norm at Team3six, he will be selling both the Hitec and Futaba spools. Not too bad for a 40 year old lathe and a machinist that has no idea what he's doing :).

Nice job. I tried making one of these myself and the spline always got the best of me :ror:

I ended up with a Ti top gear seized on the spool I made!

Time to do some WIRING! :roll: :ror:

While staring at the rig tonight I came up with a plan... :shock:

I decided to run a "false panel" behind the seats to hide the wiring. So here is the progress from tonight.

First, I copied the existing panel Jerry made. Then drilled it so that the tops were level.

0e4a1441.jpg

8f843f66.jpg

This creates a cavity behind the panel for me to run all my wires out of sight since the side panels hide the gap.

463063e8.jpg

Then I started laying out the electronics, marked and drilled some holes.

a22695c2.jpg

Then I had another idea... Anyone know what these are?

bbd58aa6.jpg

28effce6.jpg

I separated the wires on the BEC Pro so I could run the wires more cleanly.

5c5e7081.jpg

A little trimming on the interior and everything tucks away nice and clean.

7335ac38.jpg

With the RX backwards, it allows the seat to go back further since the wires don't have to have room to stick out.

1af202a3.jpg

Here is a mock up of the under hood area.

811cf25c.jpg

Look like the little rubber pieces that come with servos? If so, best use of stuff I always throw away I've seen. Kudos

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

Look like the little rubber pieces that come with servos? If so, best use of stuff I always throw away I've seen. Kudos

Exactly! I always throw them away too, however I just got in a bunch of servos from Futaba and I hadn't gotten around to throwing them away yet :ror:

That has got to be the cleanest "under hood" setup I've seen. Great job on that!

Back