• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - *New VP Disc Brake and Calipers!*

They look great! I can't wait to get my paws on some. Is there any issue with the hub screws? I notice the screws on my Rockstars to be on the short side. I'd like there to be a little more thread going into the hub. Will the disk being in between there cause issues you think? Or are they including some longer hub screws?

They look great! I can't wait to get my paws on some. Is there any issue with the hub screws? I notice the screws on my Rockstars to be on the short side. I'd like there to be a little more thread going into the hub. Will the disk being in between there cause issues you think? Or are they including some longer hub screws?

These discs are THIN so I didn't see an issue. The good/bad thing with the VP hub screws is they are standard thread. The threads have that nice deep profile instead of the shallow metric stuff. So I don't foresee an issue with the existing length hub screws.

Last edited:

Hey since your doing all the tranny upgrades, are you upgrading the outputs too, or just leaving them stock?

I run robinson racing gears with my pro4 4000 on 3s and tranny is still ok, now i up grade The axles with no slop locker from Eggressor.

Re: Harley's Wraith - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra4

I looked up some light requirements in the rules and regs for that race. I just couldn't figure out the rear lights and what they're used for"thumbsup"

the four tail lights on a 1:1 U4 rig are tail/ break lights an amber and a blue

the amber will cut through the dust so the people coming up on you can see you

the blue is to tell them you are in a "slower" class

9a32a8e5.jpg

thats what I'm talking about Josh...Flawking Slick!:flipoff:

This is one long ass thread. Just went through all the pages. Awesome build up. I think my first crawler is going to have to be a Wraith after seeing all this.

Those disc brakes are total bad ass. I've got to get a set of those. Once again, VP impresses.

Back