• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra4

Any plans on chrome platting the chassis? Or just going with a wicked paint job?

I decided I'll be going with a silver heavy duty wheel paint. It's got some light flake in it, looks good when using it on full size roll cages and bumpers so I'm sure it will still come through on this cage.

I was starting to work on the rear truss last night. Used the metal template I cut the other night to make a new one out of 16ga. Made the initial cuts with the bandsaw then went to trim out the remaining pieces. Then tragedy struck...

RIP
2007-2012

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329144370.280248.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329144370.280248.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,667

What did the dremel do? I had a old one that a rubber coupling broke between the motor and the spindle. I fixed it with a female ax10 drive shaft. :)

I was starting to work on the rear truss last night. Used the metal template I cut the other night to make a new one out of 16ga. Made the initial cuts with the bandsaw then went to trim out the remaining pieces. Then tragedy struck...

RIP
2007-2012

RIP sweet dremel

I have been messing with my rear light bar for a while now, yours looks good!

I thought you were going to post up a picture of a finger on your snazzy new workbenches!!!:shock:

Well got an hour or so of work done on the truck tonight. I'm having clearance issues at the moment with the rear truss, panhard link and rear steer linkage. I am going to do some more brainstorming on it this week but in the end the centered rear axle may have to go in favor of the traditional offset pumpkin :evil:

As it sits.

dcb43651.jpg

Some comparison pics of the old stock chassis.

42cb2bc4.jpg

2cf55792.jpg

Rear truss in it's first mock up.

e181a3a3.jpg

Saw this on facebook and wasn't sure if you had Jimmys race team on there.
395486_295856000470187_249599651762489_708816_85541650_n.jpg

Made me think of your build

Is that lightbar going under the cage or above it? I'm ready to see how it's going to get mounted then steal your idea! It's looking great!

Back