• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Looking great as always harley - I did some some pit work for one of Jimmys Ultra4 teams. You deff are upholding the name.

Why not - the rig has evolved so the thread should too, better than starting a new thread.

Which team? I follow the Ultra4 stuff quite a bit, although the Jimmy's rigs are probably hardest to know them all due to the number of "cookies" out there.

Re: Harley's Wraith - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra4

WOW!! boxing that shock tower turned out great! same for the panhard
I hear yea on the pain and the time getting that fabed up. I tryed this with my truggy build....Lets just say i gave up after the 3rd try but after seeing yours, makes me want to give it another try though:mrgreen:
Very nice work, I think it's worth the time spent8)

WOW!! boxing that shock tower turned out great! same for the panhard
I hear yea on the pain and the time getting that fabed up. I tryed this with my truggy build....Lets just say i gave up after the 3rd try but after seeing yours, makes me want to give it another try though:mrgreen:
Very nice work, I think it's worth the time spent8)

Thanks man, the second tower was cake compared to the first. It also came out WAY better. I may cut the first off and redo it but I'm not set on that.

The rear towers are still up in the air, I am going to do some searching on pirate on lunch.

Which team? I follow the Ultra4 stuff quite a bit, although the Jimmy's rigs are probably hardest to know them all due to the number of "cookies" out there.
Derek West - But Loren Healy, Cottin Rodd, Nick Nelson and Derek are the only one with Jimmys4x4 Racing team. So far the team as a whole has qualified pretty good this year.

Derek West - But Loren Healy, Cottin Rodd, Nick Nelson and Derek are the only one with Jimmys4x4 Racing team. So far the team as a whole has qualified pretty good this year.

Very cool, I've paid a lot of attention to Derek ever since his stock mod days. I work with and am good friends with the Rubberbelly Racing guys who used to compete against him in W.E.ROCK/RRock mostly. Hope Derek does well tomorrow, the rebuild of the car looked really nice.

So the things I have left to do on the chassis are:
  • Rear shock towers, probably boxing in.
  • Sway bar mounts, need to get sway bars first.
  • Light bar mounts, bumper and windshield areas.
  • Rear panhard bar, this is a maybe.

After that, full drivetrain rebuild. My transmission is trashed. Wasted the top shaft bearings and caused some pretty major case damage in the process.

Team Fast Eddy sent me a few full bearing kits though when he was sending parts for another project recently. Thanks again Eddy.

The thrashed guts of this beast. Soon to be blinged out in MORE VP goodies. Oh....and that other stuff I hinted to awhile ago. Soon.

0f015268.jpg

Go to the first post of any thread you start and go to advanced edit. Change the name there. As a mod I can change any thread name though :lol:

Lol just seems like it changes twice a day. gets me every time making me think it is a new piece of awesome I haven't seen yet.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

So the things I have left to do on the chassis are:
  • Rear shock towers, probably boxing in.
  • Sway bar mounts, need to get sway bars first.
  • Light bar mounts, bumper and windshield areas.
  • Rear panhard bar, this is a maybe.

After that, full drivetrain rebuild. My transmission is trashed. Wasted the top shaft bearings and caused some pretty major case damage in the process.

Team Fast Eddy sent me a few full bearing kits though when he was sending parts for another project recently. Thanks again Eddy.

The thrashed guts of this beast. Soon to be blinged out in MORE VP goodies. Oh....and that other stuff I hinted to awhile ago. Soon.

0f015268.jpg

Could that new VP Bling be an aluminum trans case? :ror:

That looks sick.
I wish I had the time and money to do all this work. Lol

Sounds like redbull time. Hang in there. Waiting on what you have next for us. And the something secret that vp is working on, is it a motor/tranny chassis mount plate? And transmission cover? I'm still trying to figure it out. :)

Here is where the thought initially came from. This is the Bent and Twisted Fab Jimmy's rig that runs the Ultra4 series.

14b8138b.jpg

All desert cars (including every car running KOH) must run this series of lights. The EXO recently incorporated that as well and I liked the style they used a lot.

Here it is after I drilled out the holes. I'll put light buckets in there soon to test fit.

e9e64c58.jpg

I only got it half welded last night. I'll finish it up in the next couple days.

025a435e.jpg

Back