• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra4

No, I didn't want it closed in to catch a bunch of dirt.
Not as end boxing it in but is it welded to the lower cage tube? reason I ask is 1:1 would rip it off real quick and with your servos, I would think the same would happen.

I'm having fun with it, glad I bought it. I bought the tanks as well.
Building parts from scratch is one of the best parts. I deff miss it from building my 1:1. I will deff build more than I buy for my wraith.
Keep it up - your builds deff inspire!

Not as end boxing it in but is it welded to the lower cage tube? reason I ask is 1:1 would rip it off real quick and with your servos, I would think the same would happen.

Building parts from scratch is one of the best parts. I deff miss it from building my 1:1. I will deff build more than I buy for my wraith.
Keep it up - your builds deff inspire!

Oh I got ya, yes it's welded to the tube. The boxing that I'm showing however is mostly cosmetic. It's much thinner than the other side. The original mount is plenty strong to support the forces, I just like the double sheer look that is more typical of the 1:1 world.

Double sheer FTW.. Was always a good chuckle seeing stuff single sheered in the desert. :shock: Still is. :ror:

Looks good dude. Making me superjelly.. Must...resist.

Oh I got ya, yes it's welded to the tube. The boxing that I'm showing however is mostly cosmetic. It's much thinner than the other side. The original mount is plenty strong to support the forces, I just like the double sheer look that is more typical of the 1:1 world.

even in the 1:1 world they use thinner stuff for boxing alot of time. Its all about weight no matter which side of the hobby your on. damn it man I gotta finish this wraith kit!!!

Small fillet panel welded in to clean up the panhard area.

c7ad61d2.jpg

Really enjoying watching this build. You guys both do great work. "thumbsup" I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I hear back from DMG on getting in line for one of those chassis.
So for a 4WS setup with a CMS on the rear, is a rear panhard not needed?

Really enjoying watching this build. You guys both do great work. "thumbsup" I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I hear back from DMG on getting in line for one of those chassis.
So for a 4WS setup with a CMS on the rear, is a rear panhard not needed?

Thanks!

A panhard in the rear is just as needed as in the front. This setup does have a little bit of bump steer actually. I will likely look into that but right now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the centered rear diff first. Once that is done I'll look into the panhard situation. Good eye though ;)

Stripped down the chassis tonight. Have to decide if I'm going to do anything to the rear shock mounts still.

I wanted to show how the rear paneling goes in while I tore it down. Jerry does such clean work 8)

0c7d4f55.jpg

1506ac01.jpg

The rear shelf is a tight fit, it has to slide out through the cab area! You can also see the inner fender wells in this shot. They are held on by the shock mounts.

f90d7372.jpg

This little "tailgate" is hard to notice if you aren't looking but is a nice detail panel.

0d1ec45c.jpg

Looking great as always harley - I did some some pit work for one of Jimmys Ultra4 teams. You deff are upholding the name.

do you just have free reign over changing the title of this thread or what
Why not - the rig has evolved so the thread should too, better than starting a new thread.

Back