• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Hows it going Josh? Hey, if you need seats for it. Please dont hesitate to ask. By no means am I forcing it on you. Just want to take care of ya as you have done for me.

I will definitely do that. I just hadn't yet since I didn't have the truck back yet. I plan on doing some brainstorming still on the theme for the panels. I need to pick the colors and such.

Re: Harley's Wraith - DMG Chassis near completion

Man no pics yet....slacking!! LOL

Can't wait to see it Harley!

Man no pics yet....slacking!! LOL

Can't wait to see it Harley!

Just one quick one because I'm down here working on the truck right now!

9358aa08.jpg

Awesome!!!"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"
I love the stock rollers:mrgreen: Gives it that RTR out of the box feel:lmao:

Pick colors???? Clear coat that baby and run raw steel. With the normal colored accent parts it would look sick!

Thanks guys. I'm so happy to have it back at the shop. Jerry did such a killer job. It's hard to see all the detail work he does, especially with paneling everything off. I'll get good shots of that later, may have to be during a tear down to really show it though.

Couple more shots.

Front end
88935ba2.jpg

Rear end
7776d705.jpg

So as soon as I got down to the shop I got to work on some details. This is really my first whack at doing sheet metal welding.

First up, making a double sheer panhard mount.

Here is how it started.
88935ba2.jpg

Quick template
490c7153.jpg

Test fit
e28dc935.jpg

The new torch I picked up.
492650d4.jpg

Installed before cleaning up the joints much. And a couple speed holes added.
ed92029a.jpg

Last edited:

for a first time welding - with a torch no less - i would say your doing pretty good - as long as it holds your in there mate.

Re: Harley's Wraith - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra4

KILLER Update! That's all I can say! Love the new chassis and fab work!"thumbsup"

Re: Harley's Wraith - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra4

So when do we get to see the unveil of the new trick parts? :mrgreen:

Back