• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

The guys over at Dynamic Concepts got ahold of me the other day and asked if I wanted to try out the new Blazer body they are producing.

Soooo...... WHY NOT!?! I got a shipping notification today. I'll let you all know what I think in a few days. 8)

One of their pics.
Blazin_Green_01.jpg

Also, here is a look at the final CMS kit from VP. You can see the new and improved axle mount. After some serious testing, Brandon and I both reported back with issues on the original and Jim knocked this new one out right away.

wraith_pan_hard_kit.png

wraith_cms_kit.png

You can see it now has two holes. One is for people using stock knuckles so they can match the pan hard angle to the drag link since the attachment point at the knuckle is lower with stock pieces.

Here is what I did to my first proto :twisted:
55243e3c.jpg

Also, here is a look at the final CMS kit from VP. You can see the new and improved axle mount. After some serious testing, Brandon and I both reported back with issues on the original and Jim knocked this new one out right away.

wraith_pan_hard_kit.png

wraith_cms_kit.png

You can see it now has two holes. One is for people using stock knuckles so they can match the pan hard angle to the drag link since the attachment point at the knuckle is lower with stock pieces.

Here is what I did to my first proto :twisted:
55243e3c.jpg

Can you use this kit with flipped lower mounts?

That 6x6 recovery rig in that video was awesome. Is there any more pics or a build thread of it anywhere?

Here is the info :twisted:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/174993-dmg-dreadnought.html

The DmG's entry into the 6X6 world !!!​

the
"DREADNOUGHT"

bigtruck002.jpg

"the parts list"​

Night-crawler chassis stretched.
RC4WD V-twin trans with 2 axiom 75w.
HD metal traxxas drive yokes X6 & traxxas shafts X3
RC4WD dully rears wheels X4 & front wheels X2.
RC4WD rock crushers X10.
RC4WD 80mm scale shocks & boots X6.
High lift leaf springs X2 (front)
TLT axles X3 with RC4WD straight axles adapters X2 & SS axles X2 & RCP copper alloy ring & pinion X 3.
Rear axle truss X2.
MIP CVD's up front.
Alum axle C's & alum hubs.
Novak super duty speed-o & receiver.
7.2 1320 mah lipo's X2 (14.4 volt).
3-racing wench up front.
RC4WD R2 with a 4 to 1 reduction box (Boom wench).
Custom alum front bumper.
Working lights.​

and always adding more scale goodies​

thanks for look-in.
the DmG​

special thanks to RC4WD for making this possible !!​

bigtruck003.jpg

bigtruck005.jpg

bigtruck006.jpg

bigtruck013.jpg

No, I flipped my link mounts back over. It's one of the give and takes. Hard to have it work for everyone every way you know? I am more than willing to flip the shock mount back over to run this kit.

if may work if you cut the shock mount part off of it we just aren't sure yet.

Harley, I stopped by the LHS today to see if they had a wraith there...sure enough they did. I held it in my hands, I smelled the fresh axial smell. The only thing was, for as much as my mouth was watering with the thought of the rig, all I could do was look at each individual part and think "upgrade" "upgrade" "VP" "Upgrade" everywhere I looked. What have you done to us!

Harley, I stopped by the LHS today to see if they had a wraith there...sure enough they did. I held it in my hands, I smelled the fresh axial smell. The only thing was, for as much as my mouth was watering with the thought of the rig, all I could do was look at each individual part and think "upgrade" "upgrade" "VP" "Upgrade" everywhere I looked. What have you done to us!

That's the best part about RC! No matter what car it is I know I want to upgrade it! If it was completely bulletproof and couldn't be upgraded and personalized i'd be bored on a week.

Dang, that's purty!

Oh yeah!

The improvements over the first design are:
  • The clamp is rotated up so it is integrated into the upright and more hidden this way.
  • The panhard will be in double shear.
  • Designed for stock style and VP knuckles now
  • Upright is at least 4 times thicker and stronger.
  • Panhard rod ends are in same plane of travel for a nearly limitless travel range.

Oh yeah!

The improvements over the first design are:
  • The clamp is rotated up so it is integrated into the upright and more hidden this way.
  • The panhard will be in double shear.
  • Designed for stock style and VP knuckles now
  • Upright is at least 4 times thicker and stronger.
  • Panhard rod ends are in same plane of travel for a nearly limitless travel range.

It looks like they hit it right on with this version. It should prove to be very durable. Thanks VP for another quality part."thumbsup"

Back