• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Axial Wraith - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Took the rear steer off tonight and installed the straight axle caliper mounts.

We'll see how I like it.

c045d8de.jpg

256d5103.jpg

d2c0aade.jpg

Harley, looking at the pics with the brakes, do you have to take the 6 screws out of the hub to take the wheel off? Or can you still just take off the one nut off the axle?

Harley, looking at the pics with the brakes, do you have to take the 6 screws out of the hub to take the wheel off? Or can you still just take off the one nut off the axle?

You have to take off the hub. I'm used to it from running SSZ wheels. You could just run the rotor if you wanted, I see that as a popular choice.

Those calipers are so SICK!!! I cannot wait for those to come out. Both rigs are amazing BTW, Nice work and attention to the details.

too bad you didn't have rear steer :lmao:

:flipoff: I am still happy with the choice, I just know I wouldn't be able to drive it at any speed with the rear steer. That chassis is more top heavy, and too much wheel speed would mean barrel rolls down the rocks and a painful pace!

This is an epic build thread, such a sweet rig."thumbsup" I think my credit card is about to take a beating for some Vanquish goodies for my Wraith.
How are you finding it now without the rear steer on it? I must admit i really like the look of it now with the straight axle with the discs & calipers. Any idea how long before us mere mortals can get our hands on the VP Brakes?"thumbsup"

How are you finding it now without the rear steer on it? I must admit i really like the look of it now with the straight axle with the discs & calipers. Any idea how long before us mere mortals can get our hands on the VP Brakes?"thumbsup"

The rig is very controllable now. When I was running the 13t Crawlmaster I wouldn't have traded the rear steer for ANYTHING. The rear steer made the truck before. If I was running a stock chassis still and any other motor I wouldn't think twice about putting it back on.

The calipers and rotors should be soon. VP is going through growing pains right now with adding a bunch of new machinery to keep up with the demand of all their stuff.

looks killer. how much does all that weigh? i wish i had the time to come up with something like that.

i feel that. i average 130-140 hours every 15 days. anyways rig looks sick. im officially jealous.:)

A ton of random footage from the scale run. Nothing crazy, just us having fun. There is a good climb at about 9:40. It will also give you a good idea of how awesome that light bar is though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gAAVcH2Ody8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Aaron!

Last edited:

Great footage, and nice to see the rig in action. The light bar is intense. I joked on Aaron's yt page that it looked like you hit 37 gates with your uber power and heavy trigger finger. Awesome to see. Looks like it was a great time."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Great footage, and nice to see the rig in action. The light bar is intense. I joked on Aaron's yt page that it looked like you hit 37 gates with your uber power and heavy trigger finger. Awesome to see. Looks like it was a great time."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Haha, yeah gates were not a big concern of mine. I landed on a couple with some wheel speed and flung them across the rocks.

I'm ready to get out to the trails, we've just had a constant dose of rain lately.

Back