• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

cbp27's Defender 90 Build

Just a few:

IMG_0639-1.jpg

IMG_0636-2.jpg

IMG_0635-2.jpg

Thanks. And thanks Chris for those extra shots. Next time I'll get some more shots of your Jeep if it's running lol

It should be bullet proof next time lol. I had more pics but they were pretty much duplicates.

You should come up to Palmerton on Sat for the scale comp."thumbsup"

It should be bullet proof next time lol. I had more pics but they were pretty much duplicates.

Awesome. Can't wait to take them out again.

You should come up to Palmerton on Sat for the scale comp."thumbsup"

I wish Palmerton was a little closer. It's about 3 hours away for me so I might miss it. I'd defenitely like to have a GTG soon though.

Those scratches are hurting my eyes :cry: But at least it gets used what it was made for "thumbsup"

If it wasn't meant to be used, this would be the better route lol

The scratches on the driver's side are much worse. It hurts me to look too haha I'd like to get some touch-up paint though.

I wonder if that little Landy could be used for the micro crawlers?

It was just a joke cause its a static model lol

I know lol

I cut off the lower tubing on the rear bumper for better clearance. All it needs now is some fresh paint. And in preparation for a new, simple bumper I made a mount out of delrin. It will be trimmed once the bumper is fitted.

cbp27-42292-albums2810-37833.jpg

cbp27-42292-albums2810-37834.jpg

. I knew I should have stayed with Axial even though the Gelande kit was tempting. Sorry for ranting. I just had bad luck with mine. I'm sure other have had better luck though, right?

Anyway, I'm sticking with the SCX-10 chassis. In stock form it's great. And with tons of aftermarket support it can become even better.

Agreed. I've strayed from Axial in the past months and the only thing product of rc4wd I like are k44s and cast yota axles. The chassis of the TF2 is quality too.

Yota axles and then Axial everything else is my favorite combo for rigs right now.

I have scale docs too. I love how they look. Wish they were slightly softer but o love them all the same. They leave black skid marks so be careful peeling out while couch crawling :s . Your wife will lot be pleased. Trust me.

Btw did I see this for sale recently? Change of heart?
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I've strayed from Axial in the past months and the only thing product of rc4wd I like are k44s and cast yota axles. The chassis of the TF2 is quality too.

Yota axles and then Axial everything else is my favorite combo for rigs right now.

I have scale docs too. I love how they look. Wish they were slightly softer but o love them all the same. They leave black skid marks so be careful peeling out while couch crawling :s . Your wife will lot be pleased. Trust me.

Btw did I see this for sale recently? Change of heart?
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

You can't beat Axial stuff for its low cost, durability, and reliability. But I really like RC4WD's scale axles. I looked at your Hilux before and it makes me want some Yota axles. My Axial axles are a little too wide for the D90. I agree the Scale Doctors could be a little softer. I heard they were testing new compounds, but it's going really slow.

Yup it was for sale a month ago. I guess no one was too interested in a completed scale rig. But I'm glad I still have it. "thumbsup"

how do u like the tires?

The tires are great so far. I had them on rocks last weekend and they're nice and grippy. I also tested them on some steep semi-wet dirt piles and they were fine. I haven't really used many other tires to compare them with. I feel that the Dirt Grabbers might not have done as well just because the lug spacing was so tight. I only wish the Scale Doctor's compound was a little softer.

I have the new front bumper mounted and the rear bumper finished. Both are very simple now with greater approach/departure angles. The windows still need to be glued and the exhaust needs to be relocated closer to the body.

cbp27-42292-albums2810-37952.jpg

cbp27-42292-albums2810-37953.jpg

This is what I'm not happy about with the Axial axles. Just a little too wide.

cbp27-42292-albums2810-37954.jpg

Looks really nice, definetly like the new bumpers better "thumbsup"

You could try different wheels with less offset.

Looks really nice, definetly like the new bumpers better "thumbsup"

You could try different wheels with less offset.

Thanks Chris. I like the new simple look too.

SDI has -3 and -5 offset wheels.

Thanks for the info. I've actually been looking at those for a few weeks. I was just unsure if the pin drive and no beadlocking would be an issue. But my rig is pretty light-duty so I don't think it should be an issue. Plus I've read some reviews on scale4x4rc and it seems like they only need a few dots of CA glue. Some don't even use glue and they're good. I ordered -5 offset so I hope that works. Can't wait for them! :mrgreen:

Took the D90 to Sam S Lewis again and had a fun day. It was a cool 55*F day, which hurt the performance of the SDI's that are already not so grippy. Plus, this place is filled with huge boulders, making it tough for the D90.

cbp27-42292-albums2810-38084.jpg

cbp27-42292-albums2810-38083.jpg

cbp27-42292-albums2810-38086.jpg

Since I'm used to my old Jeeps with bigger tires I've been trying to make the D90 do things they did. That doesn't really work with smaller tires on a scale Class 1 rig. So I've been thinking about bumping the D90 up to Class 2 for the winter with tires like the Defenders in Iceland. Chris let me try his huge Iroks and it just looks funny. I know the fender flares would have to be trimmed and the suspension raised, but I'm not sure if it would look good.

My inspiration. It almost looks like I should use 1.55 wheels with RC4WD Two Faces to fit? Thoughts?

cbp27-42292-albums2810-38089.jpg

cbp27-42292-albums2810-38090.jpg

cbp27-42292-albums2810-38087.jpg

I just picked one up...it is insanely bright!:shock:

I like the bigger tire idea. It's going to be tricky without getting rub or cutting up the fenders though. I love the nordic vehicles though! You could always get some bigger fenders.

Last edited:
Back