• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

cbp27's Defender 90 Build

That profile is hard to get right! It looks like you're on track though. Nice work!"thumbsup"

Thanks. It defenitely wasn't easy.

It's been a while since I've worked on the Defender. Tonight I picked it up, dusted it off and knocked out a couple of things.

Finally made the curved pieces for the corners. I used some thin lexan and put a slight curve into it by running it over the edge of my table. Then it got an even thinner veneer sheet to level it with the surrounding pieces.

cbp27-42292-albums2810-40689.jpg

Earlier I had completely removed the existing gutter. I threw on a new one that finishes the roof off nicely.

cbp27-42292-albums2810-40690.jpg

cbp27-42292-albums2810-40691.jpg

I'm converting it to what I think is the "US-spec" model with the brake lights down next to the turn signals and reverse light. The dash has been flipped to left-hand drive but needs some fine tuning. Now I just have to cut out the corner windows and get some styrene strips to make the window trim. Then the body is ready for sanding and a fresh coat of paint!

cbp27-42292-albums2810-40692.jpg

cbp27-42292-albums2810-40693.jpg

Great build thread. I'm working on my first scale build with the D90. Thought about building it on an axial dingo but bought a gelande D90 chassis. I saw that you switched to the axial chassis, any reason other then a good buy?

Great build thread. I'm working on my first scale build with the D90. Thought about building it on an axial dingo but bought a gelande D90 chassis. I saw that you switched to the axial chassis, any reason other then a good buy?

Thanks. It's a fun truck. The Gelande chassis is nice for a few reasons: It's built to fit the Defender body perfectly, includes nice scale bumpers, the axles fit nicely under the body, and has body mounts too. I ran into problems with the quality of materials of the parts. A lot of people have problems with the plastic link rod ends breaking, the driveshafts breaking, some the disruptor planetary trans. and transfer case gear mesh, and the plastic axles cracking. Some have had almost no issues, others like myself had all of them haha I upgraded a lot of those parts so they wouldn't break, but the axles made me switch back to Axial. If I had enough money then, I might've upgraded them to RC4WD's aluminum TREX 60 or Yota axles and kept the Gelande. I'm happy with my chassis now though. It just took a while to perfect it. Good luck on your build though "thumbsup"

Awesome build! Starting to give me some ideas for my first build.

Where did you get those amazing Land Rover badges?

Thanks. The scale metal badges are made by ScaleOffroad, which is a German company. RPP makes a similar badge out of vinyl and resin: Land Rover Emblem Set

Very nice build. I wish I could work with styrene.

Thanks. I didn't think I could work with it either, but once you practice with it a little, it's not too hard. "thumbsup"

How much does it cost do you think just as it is on the top pictures no added extras the first pictures of it red

It's hard to say. The original RC4WD Gelande kit is no longer available. If you're looking for a Defender truck, RC4WD has a great new Gelande II kit available that has been much improved over the original. "thumbsup"

Back