• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Vanquish Trucks of Fortune

My TOF Ultra is coming together, I put on the upgrades that it came with, Machined motor plate and 21% OD, I also put in the Machine Standoffs I had in my parts bin.
ADCreHd8zRriDxyWspGB4hRgYAXiVd71YQmwZl39fX-q8npi5ul5UsUJ_8Xu39dHw82iHjZAvcto4GtmXN6drQ3CpoiyCvP8RuiPrh8J7dG6-MU79Tta0cjt=w800

Lucked out on my second TOF as well. A clear Pro, grey 310s purple skarn rings and black ifr rings. Plus hubs and grease.
ADCreHclgz-RzUAMxFvkUcgTMs1qZ_c3NgD3Z5KbjyciNzUBlT48fL38uP87i3SwpJKr5XPfHjByaRI25U9PypMYDufcYcqNA1dEVTEss9alw9ecLLdRAYRR=w800

^^^Holy Horseshoes did you ever!

Nice score

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

Lucked out on my second TOF as well. A clear Pro, grey 310s purple skarn rings and black ifr rings. Plus hubs and grease.

Dayum! Sweet! Always like seeing new PRO builds! Very nice win!

I've been holding myself back from participating in the TOF! I'd love to score another PRO before they are gone forever and their price doubles on the black market!

Unsurprisingly I got both of them built up almost right away. Both are still just waiting on servos which are in the mail.
I enjoyed building the pro more, both are a blast to build but I really enjoy putting together the F9 straight axles.
ADCreHfm7mK-mT8Kw-JkFxsViqW2zBOGabKhKJQVyVYXPWzlXD1HYX_diq8pgGw-Nwf5VfjSrkoa22SAWQKqU0ZGtezDrups1ZMA6-tdWawJroVjFbqefEiT=w800

Ultra is getting:
Puller pro stubby 2700kv
Mamba Micro X2
Ecopower WP250T run at 8.4 from the CC 10amp BEC
Xd127 Bully and R35 Nitto MT

ADCreHfZNmfDr3kzGd-Wcoy48JUXkQdWaksmzGR6I4f6dx5K4zcl4E7hVHZtaEY80RrwPKsAws4wtfxxXYhrt2QZ6YAtj5iexauifarojSosZpnXUUaNSj4R=w800

The Pro is getting:
Holmes Trailmaster Sport 27T 540
Holmes BR Mini
NSDRC Rs700v2
Wheels and tires are stock Vanquish till I decide what I want.

Oh and both truck are going to be 4S trucks. :shock:

And of course I assembled the wheels.
ADCreHfkW80D0GTBcmsILjanAJ7f8MF7bdpCZnfMJFJJaFAZ0E-feUy9g22S3UBbibtZfOzQYuRuppKeHJTxbdjUMgTAu7lL3QaHUMiHIrsFUKvnMM1ATsED=w800

Unsurprisingly I got both of them built up almost right away. Both are still just waiting on servos which are in the mail.
I enjoyed building the pro more, both are a blast to build but I really enjoy putting together the F9 straight axles.
ADCreHfm7mK-mT8Kw-JkFxsViqW2zBOGabKhKJQVyVYXPWzlXD1HYX_diq8pgGw-Nwf5VfjSrkoa22SAWQKqU0ZGtezDrups1ZMA6-tdWawJroVjFbqefEiT=w800

Ultra is getting:
Puller pro stubby 2700kv
Mamba Micro X2

ADCreHfZNmfDr3kzGd-Wcoy48JUXkQdWaksmzGR6I4f6dx5K4zcl4E7hVHZtaEY80RrwPKsAws4wtfxxXYhrt2QZ6YAtj5iexauifarojSosZpnXUUaNSj4R=w800

The Pro is getting:
Holmes BR Mini
NSDRC Rs700v2

ADCreHfkW80D0GTBcmsILjanAJ7f8MF7bdpCZnfMJFJJaFAZ0E-feUy9g22S3UBbibtZfOzQYuRuppKeHJTxbdjUMgTAu7lL3QaHUMiHIrsFUKvnMM1ATsED=w800

I’d say you’re doing right by both of those rigs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADCreHclgz-RzUAMxFvkUcgTMs1qZ_c3NgD3Z5KbjyciNzUBlT48fL38uP87i3SwpJKr5XPfHjByaRI25U9PypMYDufcYcqNA1dEVTEss9alw9ecLLdRAYRR=w800

great score on both shots you got ... they are looking even better built the purple rings suit the wheel color for some pop.

The Wheels look perfect!! But I am considering scale hardware in black or GR8 Gold

Woah, black or gold, now that may look good. Curious to see how either one would look with the purple!

The Wheels look perfect!! But I am considering scale hardware in black or GR8 Gold

build them with both 1 side of the rig on black the other on gold ... you will never be able to see both sides simultaneously. :mrgreen:

Ultra is getting:
Puller pro stubby 2700kv
Mamba Micro X2

The Pro is getting:
Holmes BR Mini
NSDRC Rs700v2

4S?? Isn't that over kill? Is it for running lights, winch servo, really long run time? confused please explain. Thanks Mike

4S?? Isn't that over kill? Is it for running lights, winch servo, really long run time? confused please explain. Thanks Mike

The Mindset for running higher voltage is for a couple reasons, I can drop down a couple teeth on my pinion gear which slows down the low end and makes the start up and slow crawl smoother, but I still can maintain my hiking or speed to be able to jump over small cracks, this reducing motor temps while maintaining speeds. It also allows direct power servos to operate at a high voltage meaning more power and more speed. And when you run the same load through a system at a higher voltage it lowers the Amp draw, increasing run time, lower temps, running more efficiently. Its some something I do in Comp trucks and a couple trail trucks that have capable systems. You have to be careful a lot of systems, winches, and lights are 3s max, which is still great but I like to have a nice slow crawl from gearing but a punchy power dump for loose climbs, hillclimbs and small jumps between rocks.
I hope that helps to explain it a bit!

Understood it all Thank you. Crawlers and scale trucks are all new to me as far as wiring up accessories, when to direct power servos and gearing for what i want the truck to do. If you ask me to set up a FE, Nitro Gas scale Hydro I got it covered HAHA..

Understood it all Thank you. Crawlers and scale trucks are all new to me as far as wiring up accessories, when to direct power servos and gearing for what i want the truck to do. If you ask me to set up a FE, Nitro Gas scale Hydro I got it covered HAHA..

Perfect!
I have no clue about any of those nitros and my one attempt resulted in a E converted T Maxx :lmao:

Back