• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Vanquish Trucks of Fortune

I really hope they do eventually. I'm not a big fan of the red covers, but do like the new axle design.

I love red. It was my favorite color before orange took over a couple of years ago when I got my Harley in Performance Orange. But red diff covers kind of limits your body color options.

I would love to see them in black so you can hide them under the truck. But Currie also only sells there 44s with a red covers, expect for there Platinum 70 which is silver.

I love red. It was my favorite color before orange took over a couple of years ago when I got my Harley in Performance Orange. But red diff covers kind of limits your body color options.

My problem with red diff covers is that it reminds my of the Axial and Traxxas axles with red plastic diff covers.

Orange has always been a favorite color of mine as can be seen in most of my rig paint schemes. Harley Performance Orange is a beautiful color!

I remember from the Dirt Bike World a lot of people using oven cleaner to strip the anodizing off of parts. I haven't tried it yet, but might have to sacrifice a couple Black VP Rings to see what they look once they are stripped.

I remember from the Dirt Bike World a lot of people using oven cleaner to strip the anodizing off of parts. I haven't tried it yet, but might have to sacrifice a couple Black VP Rings to see what they look once they are stripped.

I’ve tried doing that to RC4WD headlock rings. It was a disaster. It started eating the aluminum away and there was still some blue anodizing left… It basically destroyed the ring.

I’ve tried doing that to RC4WD headlock rings. It was a disaster. It started eating the aluminum away and there was still some blue anodizing left… It basically destroyed the ring.

Interesting, did you stop the reaction once the anodizing was stripped off with an acid?

Interesting, did you stop the reaction once the anodizing was stripped off with an acid?

No. When I pulled the ring out of the oven cleaner, the damage was already done. It looked like it had been overly bead blasted yet still had anodizing at spots.

No. When I pulled the ring out of the oven cleaner, the damage was already done. It looked like it had been overly bead blasted yet still had anodizing at spots.

Oh weird, I wonder if that was caused by something in particular, maybe the RC4wd rings as a cast ring that's then machined and polished vs a VP being machine from one piece.

Oh weird, I wonder if that was caused by something in particular, maybe the RC4wd rings as a cast ring that's then machined and polished vs a VP being machine from one piece.

It’s possible. Just don’t try it for the first time on your favorite rings. I think I remember there being a less noxious alternative like vinegar or something like that, but my bulb is dim these days…

It’s possible. Just don’t try it for the first time on your favorite rings. I think I remember there being a less noxious alternative like vinegar or something like that, but my bulb is dim these days…

I have enough VP black rings around that I can sacrifice one to the cause. I might have to just do it and see what happens.

f3e8bcd7b932ea57addf5e8cea5d0bc4.jpg

didn't make out to bad, was hoping not for the fordyce though, but happy all the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didn't make out to bad, was hoping not for the fordyce though, but happy all the same

looks like a nice haul some upgrades and the black impulse look killer ... I know we all wanted to get pros, ultras or at the very least some AL axles but there would be no business for them if they give everything away for everybody.
Its a gamble not knowing what you are getting.

"thumbsup"

Also looks like the TOF are gone from their website ... Well wait for the next round ... time to build some very nicely upgraded Rigs and we will probably see a lot of VP stuff for sale in the Classifieds.

I have enough VP black rings around that I can sacrifice one to the cause. I might have to just do it and see what happens.

Greased Lighting cleaner is another option. Apparently anything that has hydrochloric or sulphuric acid will remove anodizing to a certain extent.

That would have been my "luck" meaning my worst case scenario. The Fordyce RTR is on sale for $399.99 and I hate black wheels. Hopefully you at least like black wheels...

Also looks like the TOF are gone from their website ... Well wait for the next round ... time to build some very nicely upgraded Rigs and we will probably see a lot of VP stuff for sale in the Classifieds.

TOF is done...sort of...per Harley last night on the live stream. He said they still have a few Pro and Ultra kits and some of those may make it back to the site as something like a flash sale, but that's about it.

Still looks like a good combo! Could be a great platform to make some mods, or use as a base for something custom.

Wait... We weren't supposed to build them the day we got them?

I’ve deanodized a lot of stuff in the past with great success. I recently attempted to strip some cerakote off a wheel with easy off oven cleaner and it did nothing other than eat the exposed part of the wheel. Then like an insane person, I tried it again with some orange vp 10.2 knuckles and it did the same thing. Idk what the deal was but yea kind of a kick in the pants.

My second ToF showed up then other day. I got a clear pro kit, Ti links, pro rod ends, 21% od gears, grease and a parts tray. No pics at this time though

I’ve deanodized a lot of stuff in the past with great success. I recently attempted to strip some cerakote off a wheel with easy off oven cleaner and it did nothing other than eat the exposed part of the wheel. Then like an insane person, I tried it again with some orange vp 10.2 knuckles and it did the same thing. Idk what the deal was but yea kind of a kick in the pants.

My second ToF showed up then other day. I got a clear pro kit, Ti links, pro rod ends, 21% od gears, grease and a parts tray. No pics at this time though

You got a clear Pro kit. That makes up for the orange knuckles. I’m jealous!

My black Pro is supposed toto be delivered today, but I’m headed to my girlfriend’s house after work…

Back