• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ultimate Adventurer Challenge......ON GOING

That moment when big mac enters uncharted territory... water:
IMG_2184_zps11b2f35b.jpg

Ill just have to drive around all that, but if you put a jump and give us a chance to clear the hole then.....all bets are off....

I guess this is where I differ, whats the point of having a "scaler" if you always avoid the water or mud... :???:

and yes the buggie will be a load to run just make sure she is ready for a little water and or mud....

Again where I differ.. I still think there needs to be a scale resemblance.. but also agree with the water and mud... This is florida for crying out loud, we live for water and mud...

Scale for a tube chassis buggie is in the mind of the builder you would say there is nothing about them that look's like something you would drive on the road but then again we live in Florida and as long has you have a windshield and turn signal you can drive on the road.

I say let them all come and play it's all in GOOD CLEAN FUN...

Sorry but at every event there will be water crossing and or mud and that is because this is no different then any other event in the country other then just CRAWLER'S they don't play well with others (lol)....

I like dry extreme climbs mixed in with jumps that require power and speed. I don't mudbog my real truck and I'm certainly not going to mudbog my RC's. Every time I run with you guys there are always burnt motors, stripped gears and other things, I never overheat or burn anything and I run 3S and 4S batteries, the difference? I don't put mine into the water/mud and gear correctly. I may never win an event, but that's fine, I'm there to have fun.

Rebelracer, Scale resemblance? Have you even seen a real rock bouncer? in real life? There is plenty of resemblance there. Rockbouncers are unique and on a higher level in regards to offroading then anything thats street legal. Considering many "scalers" out there have no interior, all I need is a fuel cell or propane tank and a fire extinguisher and my bouncer is scale ready.

Take a look
WES KEAN CART WHEELS ON BOUNTY HILL - YouTube

Last edited:
reading this makes me wonder:
A rc "rig" that looks like a modified real "truck" vs a rc "rig" that does not look like a street legal "truck" but then is a trail queen if it were real life?
Is there a class for that? as in a "tubed up" chassis class that wants to compete in a G6 style comp?
example.. last one i went to, for fun i drove my Gmade rig around. It made the wraith look bad. difference. Gmade is a rock buggy. Wraith was a All Terrain Vehicle.

just asking since i'm still a noob :)

I like dry extreme climbs mixed in with jumps that require power and speed. I don't mudbog my real truck and I'm certainly not going to mudbog my RC's. Every time I run with you guys there are always burnt motors, stripped gears and other things, I never overheat or burn anything and I run 3S and 4S batteries, the difference? I don't put mine into the water/mud and gear correctly. I may never win an event, but that's fine, I'm there to have fun.

Striped gears because they are plastic still and burnt motor because there over heating which has really nothing to do with the mud and water. Nothing will run forever.

Rebelracer, Scale resemblance? Have you even seen a real rock bouncer? in real life? There is plenty of resemblance there. Rockbouncers are unique and on a higher level in regards to offroading then anything thats street legal. Considering many "scalers" out there have no interior, all I need is a fuel cell or propane tank and a fire extinguisher and my bouncer is scale ready.

Take a look
WES KEAN CART WHEELS ON BOUNTY HILL - YouTube

Did I really just get asked that.. :roll:.

I was simply stating the fact that it needs to have a scale appearance still in order to compete but since you have made it clear that you aren't there to compete only to have fun, I don't care if you bring an XR10 to run the course..

I haven't seen you "rock bouncer" so I don't even know what rig you are talking about. So my statement remains, It needs to to be scale resembling. Many scalers may not have an interior but they still resemble a TTC Truck that you would see in real life...

reading this makes me wonder:
A rc "rig" that looks like a modified real "truck" vs a rc "rig" that does not look like a street legal "truck" but then is a trail queen if it were real life?
Is there a class for that? as in a "tubed up" chassis class that wants to compete in a G6 style comp?
example.. last one i went to, for fun i drove my Gmade rig around. It made the wraith look bad. difference. Gmade is a rock buggy. Wraith was a All Terrain Vehicle.

just asking since i'm still a noob :)

This last series that was ran, being it was team events, there wasn't any classes and we were really relaxed when it came to the rules, so EVERYONE could compete if they wanted to. This next series were going to set it up differently and we haven't got all the details hammered out yet but its leaning towards, single man, 1.9 and 2.2 classes, with a SCALE RESEMBLING RIG, with a MINIMUM of 15 scale points and if you want to compete in the series for awards then it will need to be able to run through, in and around mud and water.

So with that being said, the next series, if your rig meets the 10 scale points and resembles something of the 1:1 world then yes you can run it and compete but if you want to come out and just have fun, you don't need to meet any requirements.

Last edited:
Well my friend that is were you don't know what your talking about A any frame of ladder design is aload and if you look at any 1.1 4 link rig they have craddle drop chassis design so it is scale...

and yes the buggie will be a load to run just make sure she is ready for a little water and or mud....

I always thought and from what the orginal rules said is that the truck chassis had to be a steel c channel fram not a ladder frame.

There is nothing axial there. All venom creeper and hand built chassis by me. Take a good look at it next time. That is if you can keep up...

Ill just have to drive around all that, but if you put a jump and give us a chance to clear the hole then.....all bets are off....

Why would i want to keep up with you im a front runner not a last place kinna guy:flipoff::mrgreen:

this is my bouncer
Rc Bouncer At Picketville - YouTube

The BigMac is supposed to be a big jacked up 4x4 truck. So that's why its built like it is. I'm sure it gets the 10 points as it sits. I do plan to comp with it and I will take the point penalty for driving around the water.

Water and its contaminants mess up electric coatings, the sand and grit eats stuff away. My gears in the bigmac are plastic 48P and they hold up. The spur on the bouncer is 32p kevlar, it holds up. Mud eats things up when ground together. Mud/water gets into gearboxes and axles and causes havok in there. Say what you want about the water and mud but I'm just not going to do it. You guys go ahead, I'll drive around.

oh and yes, you did just get asked that :flipoff:

I got $10 that says that the BigMac will beat your....Whopper??? 1 on 1 in a G6 course comp the same as what we have been running. If you accept, we do this on Sept 15 the morning of the awards day. The money collected goes into the hands of the team that won the series.

What ya say?

Deal?"thumbsup"

I got $10 that says that the BigMac will beat your....Whopper??? 1 on 1 in a G6 course comp the same as what we have been running. If you accept, we do this on Sept 15 the morning of the awards day. The money collected goes into the hands of the team that won the series.

What ya say?

Deal?"thumbsup"

Ive got 50 on Kenny.....

Kenny I would take that bet..

Last edited:
so in that lil willy wonka chocolate factory world you live in you think that the kids meal is even on the same level as Tha Monsta. yeah ill take that bet and since its a koh style ttc whoever finishs higher up wins tha cash . im good with that.:flipoff::mrgreen:"thumbsup":lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

What ya say?

Deal?"thumbsup"

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

So I'm guessing you're not going to take the bet then......of course you know if you don't take the bet then the BigMac wins by default.....

Last edited:
so in that lil willy wonka chocolate factory world you live in you think that the kids meal is even on the same level as Tha Monsta. yeah ill take that bet and since its a koh style ttc whoever finishs higher up wins tha cash . im good with that.:flipoff::mrgreen:"thumbsup":lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

So I'm guessing you're not going to take the bet then......of course you know if you don't take the bet then the BigMac wins by default.....

Guess you read like you drive poorly. why would i not take that bet its easy money. were just gonna run when everybody else does not gonna run the course twice

Thats fine but we run solo. no buddies dragging you back onto the wheels when you roll, no buddies pulling you up a climb you can't get. All solo, the whole G6 style courses we have been on.

Back