• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Slow ass super build

Got a couple things in the mail today, a couple new Dub Cabs for my Super wedge, one standard set and a HD set, thank you Don @ BWD , and a couple 1300 mah 4S Lipos' to try on this rig, I've been running 1250 3s so far.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 474
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 476
Got to try out my new scroll saw this morning :mrgreen:, I cut out 2 new front knuckle weight brackets and they turned out very well "thumbsup". These will fit in my new Blast wheel's.
Now I hope I can get as good of a job on the drill press to drill all the holes. I'll probally use the smaller brackets on the rear axle now, not sure about weight though, I have 24 .6 weights total to work with.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 434
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 438
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Nice job,Im sure they will turn out great. How much weight you plan on running? Im using 8oz on each knuckle and it feels right! But better to have more than not enough options!

Nice job,Im sure they will turn out great. How much weight you plan on running? Im using 8oz on each knuckle and it feels right! But better to have more than not enough options!

I had 5.5 ozs. on each knuckle with the small brackets, I should be able to get up to 9 ozs. on each one now if needed.
Can't find a 19/32" drill bit anywhere locally, did'nt think I'de have to order one.

Looking good Bob. I am sure as you drive this truck more, you'll find yourself moving toward heavier weight shock oil and stiffer springs. The weight of these trucks really requires a stiffer suspension, IMO.

Looking good Bob. I am sure as you drive this truck more, you'll find yourself moving toward heavier weight shock oil and stiffer springs. The weight of these trucks really requires a stiffer suspension, IMO.

Yes I noticed how it's reacting, the heaviest oil my LHS only had 60 wt. shock oil in stock so that was a step up fromthe 30 wt. I had in them. I do have a set of Losi yellow springs I may try to that are stiffer.
Got a month to get her ready for losing to you pro's :twisted:.

After about 100wt, then you have to switch to CTS.....I am running 1200CTS in the shocks on my super.

Bob, have you tried Fastenal for that bit? They always have what the big hardware stores dont as far as tools:
Store Search Results | Fastenal

Yeah I know, the closest place to me is Phoenix or Tuscon, I'm smack in the middle , hour each way :x. I'll find one pretty soon. I have a bucket of bits with sizes up to 1" but of course not the one I need.

Back