• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Jato the Trail King

Is it just regular automotive type grease, Marine Grease?

I wouldn't call it a marine grease, but it is water resistant. It's a thinner gear grease of some type. I love the viscosity of it because it's not super thick so it doesn't add a lot of drag to axles, but it still seems to stick to gears pretty well.

Copied from the Vanquish site (including the misspellings):

-This is a high quality synthetic grease blend we procure from our lubrication manufacturer
-Formulated from the highest quality base stocks combined with state-of-the-art anti-wear additives
-Water resistant, clean, safe and non-toxic
-Recomended as one of the best greases there is for lower tempature gear, bearing and general use applications

Dang, Jato...your TK is looking mighty good. I also plan on upgrading to the from OD gears & brass steering knuckles, but I want to finish the kit stock first (ok, mostly stock, as I'll have already installed the aluminum shock hoops). My other reason for delaying those parts is that I'll probably upgrade the axles (machined aluminum), and wouldn't want to rebuild the axles twice. Regarding the grease, nice choice. I thought of using that, but I'm still sticking with my Maxima Racing Oils Waterproof Grease (the translucent deep -blue stuff).

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Is it good? I'm sure it is because Maxima makes great stuff for motorcycles and ATVs. Is it good for RC's? I can't answer that, but I know this site, RCTech and others have long threads on grease so you may want to check there.

Dang, Jato...your TK is looking mighty good. I also plan on upgrading to the from OD gears & brass steering knuckles, but I want to finish the kit stock first (ok, mostly stock, as I'll have already installed the aluminum shock hoops). My other reason for delaying those parts is that I'll probably upgrade the axles (machined aluminum), and wouldn't want to rebuild the axles twice. Regarding the grease, nice choice. I thought of using that, but I'm still sticking with my Maxima Racing Oils Waterproof Grease (the translucent deep -blue stuff).

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Thanks! I thought about SSD's aluminum axles for the extra weight, but plastic really does slide better out on the rocks so I'll probably stick with the stock axles.

Is it good? I'm sure it is because Maxima makes great stuff for motorcycles and ATVs. Is it good for RC's?

This stuff isn't just "good"...it's "greeeaaaaat". Use it in my RCs, motorcycle, bicycle. Even used it on a folding cart. I stopped using the 'black' grease after building my second TLR kit, and I'll never use that stuff again. The Capra, Trail King, and TLR 22T 4.0 transmissions are all super-smooth

This stuff isn't just "good"...it's "greeeaaaaat". Use it in my RCs, motorcycle, bicycle. Even used it on a folding cart. I stopped using the 'black' grease after building my second TLR kit, and I'll never use that stuff again. The Capra, Trail King, and TLR 22T 4.0 transmissions are all super-smooth

Great! Thanks.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Is that the stuff that Max-D linked to, above?

Sorry Jato, didn't mean to hijack your thread there for a bit.
Proceed.

Yeah, yeah, yeah! :roll:

Just kidding! :lmao: It's fine. At least you aren't hijacking my thread by quoting photos. That drives me nuts! :evil:

When you get a chance could you measure the total width with those wheels installed? I'm digging the look, but concerned they'll be too wide for my body choice.

With the Boom Racing deep dish wheels and Proline TSL XL Super Swampers with Proline Dual Stage foams, the track with is right at 9.75" to the outside of the tires using a tape measure. I don't have a set of calipers that go that wide.

Yeah, I know that quoting photos drives you nuts. Me too just the same. I got your back. LOL

"thumbsup"

Is that the stuff that Max-D linked to, above?
Yes...same waterproof grease I use. It's really is great. The Vanquish great has a somewhat "pastey" look & texture to it, the Maxima grease is like a VERY thick gel.

Yes...same waterproof grease I use. It's really is great. The Vanquish great has a somewhat "pastey" look & texture to it, the Maxima grease is like a VERY thick gel.

I don't like very thick grease in RC's. It adds too much drag for my liking. If nothing else, that hurts run time.

I ordered this grease. I'm now having second thoughts about it. Somehow I missed the "VERY" thick gel part. I dont like thick grease either.

I ordered this grease. I'm now having second thoughts about it. Somehow I missed the "VERY" thick gel part. I dont like thick grease either.
When I say "VERY think", that's subjective...just wait until you receive it, and rest it for yourself. I know several guys (and a couple of gals) that use this in their off-road racers, and they swear by it. I've been using it in a few, and haven't had any problems...and, when it's time for maintenance on my others, this will probably be going in them, as well.

When I say "VERY think", that's subjective...just wait until you receive it, and rest it for yourself. I know several guys (and a couple of gals) that use this in their off-road racers, and they swear by it. I've been using it in a few, and haven't had any problems...and, when it's time for maintenance on my others, this will probably be going in them, as well.

Ok, I'll check it out. It's being delivered today.

Ok, I'll check it out. It's being delivered today.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts since you have the same thinking of not liking thick grease on RC's. Let me know.

Back