• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

its time! full on BWD mini mantis.. test, tune an crawl!

Small update..

Just got some Dlux weight holders an man are they a nice application!

3F16E8CA-orig.jpg

D0EBAFE4-orig.jpg

Gained close to .5" of clearance, not that there were many scratches on the weights as was.. also got the weight out wide where it belongs.. looks super clean now too.

EEBAE5F2-orig.jpg

50A198A9-orig.jpg

First gtg this weekend, should have some good pics an hopefully good standings getting to run against other 1.9's.

I'm not sure what's goin on right now. She's cutting in an out, checked all the wires, all good. Checked the brushes, there good. I still think its the motor, 33t mini HH.. Hung brush maybe.. I have another 33t an a 22t mini HH here.. So I'm goin to switch it out give it a good cleaning an see what happens.. Any other suggestions, I'm listening. Thanks

Spektrum rx, fx-r, cc bec, 7950..

When it cuts out, the servo is fine an working. Its just the fx-r or motor left..

I've got a suggestion :ror: Get one of my motors :mrgreen:

Nah JK well actually not really but anyways... Hmm sounds weird I've had that happen but I can't remember what the problem was... Hope you get it figured out soon...

BTW congrats on 2,600 posts ;-)

I woulda Ev, but with 3+1for rebuild mini HH an a custom handwound 27t motorman1600 motor nip, sitting here, I should be good for a couple years! Lol that's not to mention the mongoose system or two.. :eek:
If ya remember what the problem was, Lmk.

Edit.. I'm at 2600 posts!? Crazy.. Tapatalk doesn't show post counts.. Thanks for the heads up.

They don't do ya any good in your hand. Get them puppies installed!

I'm wanting to go that route as well. Bout 1/2 oz I figure it will save compared to my big steelies.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

Ok, I'm goin to start off by saying wow! Thank you Calvin of CW crawlers..
I believe I gained some steering, def gained smooth steering! The tie rod doesn't drag or bind any more. (I asked Calvin to make it 2mm longer then what I had, after i bent it, it's perfect! The drag link was free to go farther cause of how skinny it is, that an it just looks bad ass!

Weight of old links...

9FE50FDB-orig.jpg

Now I'm not sure how important this is in a 2.5lb rig but it's a huge diff no matter what way ya look at it..

3F014A0E-orig.jpg

I lost more then the new ones way!

On with some looks an clearance..

31D8F705-orig.jpg

90570B3D-orig.jpg

To the right, as the knuckles hit full lock the drag link is just touching the servo plate mounting post an close to the corner of the servo. Full lock is achieved first..

9E25BC93-orig.jpg

8F04B999-orig.jpg

To the left, full lock is achieved as the horn us coming into contact with the bottom of the servo guard an link to the bottom of the servo.

B56339BA-orig.jpg

The right tire rod screw gave me cause to shave the corner off my rcbros servo/link mount.

8C4942FA-orig.jpg

2BD41CFE-orig.jpg

Thanks for checking it out, I'm ready for photo shoots an comps now! Lol..

Last edited:
Looking good! Quick question, what foams are you using? I looked through your build thread but didn't see info anywhere. Not sure if I missed it or what. How's the sidewall roll with your setup?

Looking good! Quick question, what foams are you using? I looked through your build thread but didn't see info anywhere. Not sure if I missed it or what. How's the sidewall roll with your setup?

The only foam too use.. CI single stage foams! On my other wheels, I used the stock foam cut in half like a bagel, then cut a section out to close it around the wheel, CI single stage foam around it.. Kinda like a dual stage foam.

With the mod locks I'm running, they take the need of the inner foam away. Pretty bad ass really! So just the single stage foam in them..
No tire roll, great sidehill out of this setup! All around greatness!

Well, I was crawling an got flipped over. While I was trying to right myself, something locked up an locked up hard! I can't even soon anything by hand.. I guess its time to pull the tranny an motor, put the 22t HH in, ud rear gear, an fix whatever caused the problem.. More to come

Well guys, I just don't understand why it locked up, drive train its smooth running.. Can and end bell look awesome!

Is this normal? This wouldn't cause anything to lock up would it..... :eek:

51F01BBD-orig.jpg

E3C020A6-orig.jpg

I mean, it was only wrapped around 2 of the 3 segments if the armature.

Hahahaha..

Anywho, motor rebuilt with a 22t armature..

Everything is mounted an back up an running..

E825EAE5-orig.jpg

E018855E-orig.jpg

Now, I need ur guys help...

I have been running clear body panels..

FD617B3B-orig.jpg

Do I stick with them our go for some CF?

2B2BFA17-orig.jpg

Prolly running the same direction as the tail section..

85E46D1E-orig.jpg

Thanks for the help..

Oh, one if the steering..

65086040-orig.jpg

Ok ok ok, here it is from the first comp with the Bwd mini mantis.. Which was a double comp, a make up, an reg comp..

Unofficially... 1st place! For the make up comp... :cool: will get scores posted as soon as they come out and video as soon as it's done loading..

3rd place for the regular comp.. I was honored to share the podium with Jslick (epacrawlers champ, in all classes) and turbofest (national champ).. With scores that couldn't have been any closer! 1 point separated each spot..... I had one bad course that killed me, double gates..
The rig was to notch, the steering was killer, and the freshly built 22t HH mini torque master was smooth as butter with the smooth mix of torque and wheel speed.
I may have to give a touch of weight to the rear, but testing will tell.. The killer steering would actually drag the rear to the side, in spots, instead of turning like it should. But didn't hurt the outcome any..

2 weeks till the next comp, plenty of time to be ready.

Thanks to Don, of Bwd, JD for parting with this sweet chassis, John, of HH motors, and Calvin, of CW crawlers. Their parts made this rig, I just built it

Back