• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hittman's El Niño III

I have a set of this color in the mail. These wheels are sweet! Great build! Thanks for posting it up!!

Thanks"thumbsup" you will really like them.

These wheels look sick.

Hopefully they make purple g10

Thanks"thumbsup"

These are the colors Erik said he could get, so doesnt look like any purple. But it might be worth pm'ing him to see if he could get purple"thumbsup"

I'm pretty sure you can dye g10 with RIT dye. So you could go with the white g10 and dye it purple. I think you have to cold dye it though, and hot dyeing it in boiling water would most likely destroy the structural integrity of the g10.

I'm pretty sure you can dye g10 with RIT dye. So you could go with the white g10 and dye it purple. I think you have to cold dye it though, and hot dyeing it in boiling water would most likely destroy the structural integrity of the g10.

Interesting information. Thanks for sharing"thumbsup"

Ok here are the weights.. Pretty much what I expected to see.

Same in the rear.
4.3oz

image_zps11e5d208.jpg

Same in the front.
4.0oz

image_zps69a4f93a.jpg

On the rig8)

image_zpsc185da95.jpg

With the body:twisted:

image_zps9ad9d13b.jpg

I am SUPER pleased with these wheels. They are light, strong, customizable, and for $48 for a set of four, you can't beat it!

While I had motivation to work, put put on this schweet little 7980 servo guard from Troy at Custom Fiber. Maybe this time I won't cut this one down Troy:mrgreen:
While the servo was off I exchanged the ugly robotronics arm out for this nice low profile hangar arm.

image_zps67a85106.jpg

That tis it for now. I am going to run some packs through it this weekend so ifi remember to, I will get some pics.. Maybe even some video:mrgreen:

Hittman congrats on your NM Championship and your rig looks fantastic. "thumbsup" Personally my sporty is my favorite crawler to drive my MOA is capable but I don't like working on it and let's face it there aren't many two motor crawlers out there 1:1 so I like the look better as well. If I had to chose just one I'd pick my shafty over everything else no question. Best of luck with the new rig.

Hittman congrats on your NM Championship and your rig looks fantastic. "thumbsup" Personally my sporty is my favorite crawler to drive my MOA is capable but I don't like working on it and let's face it there aren't many two motor crawlers out there 1:1 so I like the look better as well. If I had to chose just one I'd pick my shafty over everything else no question. Best of luck with the new rig.

Thank you sir. I do agree that the sporties are the rigs I have most fun with. They are a challenge to drive and I think that's what makes them fun.

Wheels came and I love them. I'm going to use my aluminum spacers and channels to make them bead locks. It should prove to be a good test for the g10.

Wheels came and I love them. I'm going to use my aluminum spacers and channels to make them bead locks. It should prove to be a good test for the g10.

I know I sure like mine. I ran a pack through the rig yesterday.. My glue on wheels with three plastic spacers had no problems with flexing, so I think in beadlock form, they will be just fine.

Good stuff hittman. Erik's stuff has never let me down. I'm glad the 3 spacers is working for you. I've been stand off-ish with losing spacers and screws in the wheels. It's good to know I could go a bit lighter if I wanted to.

Good stuff hittman. Erik's stuff has never let me down. I'm glad the 3 spacers is working for you. I've been stand off-ish with losing spacers and screws in the wheels. It's good to know I could go a bit lighter if I wanted to.

I have ran 3 spacers in some cf beadlocks I used to have. Never have had problem with running three spacers. I used to run 3 hubs screws, but after cracking three different wheel faces, I have gone back to six hub screws in all my wheels. When using aluminum screws the weight difference isn't even worth the risk.

Well.. I ran a few packs through the rig this weekend.. But I forgot to get pics:roll:

I can report back that the new wheels are awesome. There is no noticeable flex in them at all. I might try some 1" spacers in the front however. The narrow wheels in the rear were perfect, but the front didn't feel as planted on side hills. I will try the 1" spacers and report back.

I am also thinking about adding some weight to the rear axle. On jumps it seems to want to topple over the front.. So hopefully a 1/2oz on each side will resolve that. I mean with it at 3lbs 8.1oz rtr I have some room before I start getting really HEAVY:mrgreen:

Well, less than a week away from Nationals and it's time for a rebuild. What better time, right??:ror:

Took the rig out last week and lets just say it didn't perform too well:roll: Geometry was the big problem.. Also I am sick of this "narrow" xr mod.

So far I redid the rear lower links and put something a bit more reasonable on there, new rear upper link mount, new carbon fiber uppers, new shock setup, and am working on the front axle. I picked up some Creation Fab wide splined tubes a while back so that is going up front with a new axle case.

Sidewinder micro burnt up so I slapped in a brsl for the time being (I have a br mini sitting here, but don't have time to install it before nats).

I will try and get some pics up tomorrow"thumbsup"

Back