• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Exceed mad torque 1/8 to 1/10 scale budget build!

So the offset of the Rocksters was totally wrong, and the only wheels I could find with the right offset were the ones for the Axial XR10.....BUUUUUUT, they wouldn't work without narrowing them a quarter inch. So that's what I did. Now the width is were I want it. Any less, and I'd get body rub at full tilt:

IMG_20141011_175121137_HDR_zps9b22aa7a.jpg

IMG_20141011_175106458_HDR_zps9526a30d.jpg

IMG_20141011_175130860_HDR_zps300bbe40.jpg

So the offset of the Rocksters was totally wrong, and the only wheels I could find with the right offset were the ones for the Axial XR10.....BUUUUUUT, they wouldn't work without narrowing them a quarter inch. So that's what I did. Now the width is were I want it. Any less, and I'd get body rub at full tilt:

IMG_20141011_175121137_HDR_zps9b22aa7a.jpg

IMG_20141011_175106458_HDR_zps9526a30d.jpg

IMG_20141011_175130860_HDR_zps300bbe40.jpg
Did you need more or less offset than the rockstars? Did your track width change?

I needed less backspace. The Rocksters pushed the track width out about a 5/8 inch on each side, so 1 1/4 inch wider over all. I like it much better now.

Ive considered tryin the xr wheels. What's the track at with those? I just setup a PayPal so I can order some rc4wd beadlocks with adjustable offsets from the classifieds section.

Ive considered tryin the xr wheels. What's the track at with those? I just setup a PayPal so I can order some rc4wd beadlocks with adjustable offsets from the classifieds section.

Mine sits at 12.5 inches from the outside edges of both tires (it was damn near 14 inches with the Rocksters). Be warned about the wheels though, you have to narrow them by 1/4 inch before they will clear the knuckles. I think you're on the right track with the adjustable off set wheels from RC4WD.

I've also laid the shocks down to add some droop to the suspension. I like it a lot better soft and riding low like this:

IMG_20141013_022851558_zpsbb1f9dc1.jpg

IMG_20141013_022924496_zps52517f3b.jpg

Mine sits at 12.5 inches from the outside edges of both tires (it was damn near 14 inches with the Rocksters). Be warned about the wheels though, you have to narrow them by 1/4 inch before they will clear the knuckles. I think you're on the right track with the adjustable off set wheels from RC4WD.
I had the same problem with the axial 8 hole beadlocks I have. With the proline epics I'm using now I'm at 12" from outside to outside. The tires are pretty close to the knuckles.

How do you like the tsl's?

The tires are outstanding, but the beads they use are a pain in the ace. They aren't squared off on the inside, they are triangular in shape, which makes them kind of tricky to seat. You have to go SLOW and keep an eye on them as you pinch them.

The tires are outstanding, but the beads they use are a pain in the ace. They aren't squared off on the inside, they are triangular in shape, which makes them kind of tricky to seat. You have to go SLOW and keep an eye on them as you pinch them.
That's a well documented issue with those. Do you have them vented? If so do you vent the tire or wheel?

Which RC4WD hoops did you get?
I'm getting a used set of 2.2 overdrive comp wheels from the classifieds section. Mine will be black but here's a pic of a silver set.
3b5dff396c7a62baf4d45afb8eaae002.jpg

The wheel face is the front beadlock and comes with wheel weights and 3 different offset hubs.

Last edited:
Back