• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

FCX18 - K10 - MEGA TRUCK Stance -- +2 Inches width!!!

The 1/18 FMS Toyota Hilux is a totally different chassis and drivetrain than the FCX18 , the wheelbase is only 3 millimeters difference . The FCX24 and FCX18 transmissions are slightly different how the shift servo mounts . The FCX24 shift servo mounts to the chassis , the FCX 18 shift servo is mounted on the trans case.

No kidding? ok well then quite a bit of variance across the models then I guess. It all looks cookie cutter on the computer screen lol.

In an annoying retrograde twist, of course now my FCX8 is back down again, the metal $13 transmission case + steel gears (known for this issue) is no longer finding and staying in LOW GEAR. :(

I am done, don't even feel like opening it up and trying to troubleshoot.... Just got done with a bunch of time in the MN82 brushless rig setup.... and now this.

And I even had the really nice (and expensive $27) brass gear, two-tone red/silver metal gear transmission in hand --- its amazing and smooth and shifts awesomely ---- but I returned it on account of I figured I was good to go with the cheaper metal version, thought I had fixed the issue of not getting/keeping in LOW gear with a shim. Prolly I just need to add a few more. But just ug already, WORK TRUCK WORK!

Will get it going one way or other.........

Got the metal transmission fixed! But first requested a return to Ali.. .I mean... wtf... right?

Well heck they know its a known issue so they just straight up refunded me, no need to return! So I took it all apart determined to fix it right... this time I figured it out, you just smooth the shaft step down from 2.5 mm to 2mm ( I took it down to a taper about 2.25mm) and you open up the hole that the low gear shifter shaft sticks out of on the metal transmission case to 2.5mm -- now the pin can travel further out the holel and then it allows the brass collette that grabs the low gear and engages it -- fully finally!

Back to shifting perfedctly smooth even on the fly!! Happy again.... today is the first time all 5 of my latest builds are up running and fully functional...

I have to say it took a lot of doin'.... now just don't break them lol yeah right!

1/5th-ish SCX ClodBuster crawler (dual 570 motor high torque)
1/6th-ish TRX4-XXL RYFT Rubicon crawler (Vitavon Portals, Brushless AM32, 1700 watt outrunner)
1/11th-ish MN82 MEGA Truck crawler (Portals, Brushless AM32)
1/18-ish WPL C24 Toyota Hilux crawler (all metal everything, portals)
1/18 FCX K10 crawler (WPL Portals, metal transmission, wood flatbed)

Back