• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dasco's xr10 build

A whole new look!!!!!
c01015746790a41a5cdf6e8989cd4a28.jpg

91a2b25e35f23eb856fbe68743b7c22b.jpg

And a little diet..lol
e9be271386fde953fb687ee8172ddbf0.jpg

757326c3784d5c5a2376220af674549a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thank you brother...I'm really liking the looks of these shocks..I need a little heavier er oil..but that and those krazedbuilds tuner pistons you sent should do the trick

My scx10 shock I run 50wt shock oil (Berg).
I really like those see thourgh shocks

Last edited:
Yes 50wt front and rear... not saying you'll like it. just what I've been running for a couple yrs. With my stock scx10 shocks after 10- 16 battery pks. I top off shock oil about 2- 3 drops per shock. Hopefully rcbros don't leak like mine.

I will post my findings...so far so good. But I'm having trouble getting all the air out...never had clear shocks before.lol

Obviously you know how to build shocks.. I've never owned clear shocks either.. maybe there's a little air left in shocks but we just can't see it.lol

Obviously you know how to build shocks.. I've never owned clear shocks either.. maybe there's a little air left in shocks but we just can't see it.lol
Exactly what I was thinking..lol...my OCD is making me crazy..lol. I tried every trick I know ..I think a little from under the bladder is common

Exactly what I was thinking..lol...my OCD is making me crazy..lol. I tried every trick I know ..I think a little from under the bladder is common

I hate building shocks for anything I run but its such an important part. Best way to remove 99% of the air is to get a shock vacuum (what ever theyre called). Touring cars use them the most but the fast guys usually rebuild their shocks every 2-3 runs at big events.

You put the shocks in it then a hand pump on top pulls the air up to the top quicker, Or build them cycle them with the caps off and let the air rise on its own.

Top the oil off to where it forms a dome on the top ..... cycle your piston up .... place the bladder on and let it sink into the oil ... pull your shaft down watchign the bladder get sucked into the body ..... start your cap on and let the shaft relax to about half body length ...... tighten your cap the remainder of the way. Cycle shock and watch how far out your shaft returns, thats your rebound. If you want less then repeat steps above and only pull your shock shaft out half way.

Takes some time to find your happy spot with building shocks but once you get a rhythm down theyll go a lot quicker.

Also venting your caps with small holes like we do on the scx caps help too with removing rebound effects and dispersing extra oil. ;-)

Interesting info here:
How To: Understanding Emulsion and Bladder Shocks

Even with bladders I still pump my shocks before every run, they just feel smoother to me from the start and its habit. 8)

Also if you're leaking on the bottom of RCBros shocks then try running Traxxas shafts. The Axial shafts are a little bit smaller diameter and thats always seemed to be my leaking point.

Switch to Traxxas shafts helps with two things ....

If you dont like running internal limiters or having to change them then the Traxxas shafts come different lengths for various vehicles.

The seals are meant to seal around their shafts so Ive always seen less seepage using them.

You'll need to add a .5mm shim between the piston and the e-clip though to take up some space. Thats the only key thing so the piston doesnt wobble and stick inside.

Food for thought ;-)

Last edited:
Wow...Robbob thank you so very much for the detailed info. It will help me tremendously and anyone else who follows or reads this thread..there is no replacement for experience and I can tell by the parts you make and time in the trenches yours is sound!!

Thx again!

Also will the big bore shafts work..they are traxxas... and is the same for the shaft or on top of the piston

Thank you brother...I'm really liking the looks of these shocks..I need a little heavier er oil..but that and those krazedbuilds tuner pistons you sent should do the trick

What color pistons did you use for front and rear?

What oils?

Just curious, I like food for my own thoughts :mrgreen:

Back