• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

South San Fran, Wed Night crawls

It was nice to crawl with you guys today...I was the new guy with the warthog chassis and that was my first trial...those rocks are wicked tough...it was a good learning experience for me as to seeing what things I needed worked on especially on my rig...links and tranny gears...thanks again for letting me try the course that was laid out...hope to see you guys next wednesday...

Good meeting you Slip.
What a turn out huh?
It's always fun as hell wheelin with a bunch of crawlers, watching the success of a new line conquered or a crazy crash.
I'd love to say it's a bunch of hard work setting up a course out there but who would I be kidding. Toss the tennis balls anywhere and you have a line.
Bent70's new line was a blast, very challenging but do-able without dig, BTW, it needs a name.
I'll be out there this weekend off and on. I'll post when I plan on going.

That was pretty cool. I feel like everyone is trying to suck me in but I continue to be strong in resisting. Maybe I'll have to cruise out a couple more times to make up my mind. BTW Manny, I owe you two beers "thumbsup"

Hello!

Wanted to introduce myself. I'm in the Cupertino area and just finished <like an hour ago> a Berg chassis. Looking forward to trying to get out to SSF to meet all of you.

Cheers,

Rick

Hey Doug,
Don't know if you remember me, but I met you over at Allspeed. Emmett. Just wanted to let you know that Wes is letting us build a rock crawling course outside and we've started already. We could use a bit more rocks though if you could help out. A couple of friends that race 1/10 TC and mini-z are going to get their own crawlers too "thumbsup"

Come awn out Toxic, I can't wait to see a Berg in action out here.

I remember you Emmett, this is news to me. Must have happened last night cause Wes didn't say anything earlier. If this is the case I'll speak to Wes tonight and see what limitations he might have and get something worked out.
If anyone here races the Kyosho Mini Zs Allspeed has a great indoor track everyday and expands greatly on race night, I'm not sure which night that is, (it must be wednesday, crawl night).

Remember Emmett, G-tech is about 3 miles away from Allspeed, come awn out! We had a hell of a turn out last Wed, so many people, spare parts were abundant for trail repairs.

thanks for the warm welcome...going camping this weekend hopefully there's some rocks...and hopefully my rig will be ready next wednesday.

Wanted to introduce myself. I'm in the Cupertino area and just finished <like an hour ago> a Berg chassis. Looking forward to trying to get out to SSF to meet all of you.

Cheers,

Rick

There's a pretty fun (but small) rock garden to play on at Linda Vista Park in Cupertino to twist your axles on if you can't make it up the peninsula. A friend and I goofed around with our AX10's there last week.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/linda-vista-park-cupertino

Hi XPLORx4,

Were you one of the folks I met at Linda Vista Park 2 weeks ago?
(I was driving the newbie yellow CR-01.)

Look forward to play with you guys soon. (Pretty tied up with kids lately.)

BTW, I also tried crawling at Steven Creek Reservoir. There is a huge wall of man placed rocks there. Not as ideal as nature terrian but it's a different kind of challenge. Here is the google map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.29...TF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

Also, I wonder if this spot is fun to play (mud, trail, creek....) venture further south of the reservoir (though I've never been there).
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.28...TF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

Derek
There's a pretty fun (but small) rock garden to play on at Linda Vista Park in Cupertino to twist your axles on if you can't make it up the peninsula. A friend and I goofed around with our AX10's there last week.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thanks! That's only a couple of miles away for me. I'm going to have to try it this weekend!

I've read there's another place by Murphy Ranch in Milpitas.

Come awn out Toxic, I can't wait to see a Berg in action out here.

I remember you Emmett, this is news to me. Must have happened last night cause Wes didn't say anything earlier. If this is the case I'll speak to Wes tonight and see what limitations he might have and get something worked out.
If anyone here races the Kyosho Mini Zs Allspeed has a great indoor track everyday and expands greatly on race night, I'm not sure which night that is, (it must be wednesday, crawl night).

Remember Emmett, G-tech is about 3 miles away from Allspeed, come awn out! We had a hell of a turn out last Wed, so many people, spare parts were abundant for trail repairs.

I have brought this up to Wes a couple of times but he was hinging on the side of no. So this is a nice turn around. I told him you can find people on craigslist that want to give rock away. You just need to pick it up.

Thanks! That's only a couple of miles away for me. I'm going to have to try it this weekend!

I've read there's another place by Murphy Ranch in Milpitas.

I went to that Milpitas place yesterday. I didn't try it though. It seems not very crawlable because the man placed rocks are pretty big and "disconnected" . I don't know how to describe it but you may give it a try.

Hi XPLORx4,

Were you one of the folks I met at Linda Vista Park 2 weeks ago?
(I was driving the newbie yellow CR-01.)

No, I've only been there once, last week, and my friend and I were the only ones there with our crawlers.

I have brought this up to Wes a couple of times but he was hinging on the side of no. So this is a nice turn around. I told him you can find people on craigslist that want to give rock away. You just need to pick it up.
I'll get an update from Wes tonight and see what's up. There's a liability issue I'm sure. I'll post my findings here tonight.

No, I've only been there once, last week, and my friend and I were the only ones there with our crawlers.

I see. I met a group of 5-6 there on Sunday two weeks ago. They were pretty knowledgable people. They said they go there almost every Sunday around 1:30 pm. So, you may go play with them when you got a chance.

(I usually go there at 7 am Saturday before my kids wake up. :) )

Back