• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

South San Fran, Wed Night crawls

crawlin earlier in the day then our regular Wednesday is pretty nice :)

Doug and worked on some new lines, and workin out some bugs...

Hard Luck is a great climb for workin out the bugs :p

hardLUCK.jpg

I got out there around 1:30 yesterday and started setting up a new trail on the other side of the bush by the yellow rock and cg canyon. I proceded to break my last rear stub axle, but the trail/line is pretty cool. It goes up and down 5-6 feet, bridges a gap and has a gnarly end that needs a little work.

I finally got the climb on the yellow rock....first try, must have been the servo.;-)

Not making it today. Threw out my neck on Sunday and dr told me I am on bedrest for a bit. At least the Painkillers are making me feel better.

DIma

I got out there around 1:30 yesterday and started setting up a new trail on the other side of the bush by the yellow rock and cg canyon. I proceded to break my last rear stub axle, but the trail/line is pretty cool. It goes up and down 5-6 feet, bridges a gap and has a gnarly end that needs a little work.

I finally got the climb on the yellow rock....first try, must have been the servo.;-)

I know which line you speak of, high risk zone on that rock!

Tomorrow night Mr_Manny and myself will try to get there a little early and plot two courses with gate markers.
A simple scale size course and a harder crawler course.
Just trying to make some cool challenges for everyone.

Did you add more rocks to the lines off the yellow climb...looked like it? I was linking those two lines together forward and back...pretty cool.
See you tomorrow, I'll have the tlt and the clod... ss replacement axles have arrived.

Yep, Manny was throwing some rocks around trying to bridge CG Canyon to Yellow Rock. Started scoping some more behind it.

I'm expecting it to be chilly tomorrow night with wet fog. Bundle up, gloves might be nice too.

I'll be there around 4 today. I have the day off and will have my boys with me. Man I wish that Losi MRC would show up.:-( See you tonight!

Dave

Good time tonight guys.
Manny and I set up two courses that were pretty fun and challenging.
One was a fairly easy run with tough gates, the other was long and pretty tough.
gtec1.jpg

The amount of possible lines are endless here.
Two comp veterans running the easy course.
gtec2.jpg

Bent70 running "Hard Luck".
gtec3.jpg

Daniel running "CG Canyon" with his 1.9 rock racer.
gtec4.jpg

Halfcab running "Taco".
gtec5.jpg

And then realizing there's a tough eft hand turn to enter "CG Canyon".
gtec6.jpg

Why did I decide to take pics rather than crawling?
One word, "carnage!"
carnage.jpg

Still had tons of fun and will be ready for next week.

DAMN!!!! missed another good time. The bed rest the DR required blows ass. Oh well, I will be out there next week for shizzle!!! Hopefully I will have my buddy out with his new 2.2 Looks like some GREAT lines. Looking forward to going out there.

Anyone down to check it out on Friday afternoon/evening? We will be test driving a new rig.

DIma

Nice vid! It looks like you had fun!

If you put together another video in the future, may I offer a little constructive criticism? Consider a better balance between the recorded audio and the music soundtrack. The music drowned out the recorded audio. Too many R/C videos on youtube are completely dubbed over with music. Sometimes it's nice to hear the whine of the ESC and motor and the tires clawing for traction to get an idea of how much throttle is being used to climb over stuff.

Also, a friend and I goofed around with our AX10's at Linda Vista park in Cupertino last night. It's got a few decent rocks to find a challenging course on. Nothing like Oyster Pt though. Both of us are total noobs when it comes to crawling, but we had a blast.

Nice vid! It looks like you had fun!

If you put together another video in the future, may I offer a little constructive criticism? Consider a better balance between the recorded audio and the music soundtrack. The music drowned out the recorded audio. Too many R/C videos on youtube are completely dubbed over with music. Sometimes it's nice to hear the whine of the ESC and motor and the tires clawing for traction to get an idea of how much throttle is being used to climb over stuff.

Thanks. Yeah, I like to hear the rc sounds too but there was quite a bit of background chatter that I did not want to be heard clearly so I intentionally left it higher on the soundtrack side. ;-)

That vid was awesome!!!
Watching Manny struggle with Hard Luck, finessing the throttle and steering to finally get up it was great. I find myself going "oh....oh!" just like when I'm there.
Then watching Daniel putt up it :shock:......:ror:
And Dave, your rig has completely changed, hasn't it? Much more predicable now and way more capable. "thumbsup"
Hopefully mine will be fixed by next week and I'll have the right combo for Hard Luck.

Hopefully I will be out there on Friday (tomorrow) afternoon. If anyone is in town, come on down.

Dima

That vid was awesome!!!
Watching Manny struggle with Hard Luck, finessing the throttle and steering to finally get up it was great. I find myself going "oh....oh!" just like when I'm there.
Then watching Daniel putt up it :shock:......:ror:
And Dave, your rig has completely changed, hasn't it? Much more predicable now and way more capable. "thumbsup"
Hopefully mine will be fixed by next week and I'll have the right combo for Hard Luck.

Thanks Doug. IT was a great evening and I have some ideas for future videos.

Yes, my rig is getting much better but I am still having suspension woes. 3 of my shocks were leaking by the end of the day. :roll: So now I am back to the non-drooped big bores.

Back