• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Slow ass super build

So how tall did pins come out?
I've become the human lathe narrowing/machining the lip on the blasts. Give my left nut for a lathe....

I HAVE'NT GOT ONE FINISHED YET, STILL GLUEING THE CLAWS TOGETHER. I HOPE TO GET AT LEAST ONE DONE TODAY TO SEE WHERE I'M AT.
I HAVE A LATHE, I JUST HAVE'NT GOT IT REASSYMBLED SINCE I MOVED, ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW :roll:.

I got 4 complete now. Just two more for the extra sedona fronts.

DO YOU HAVE A BUILD THREAD ERIN?

I'VE JUST GOT THE BOSS CLAWS GLUED END TO END SO FAR.
THEY DON'T SEEM TO LIKE THE CA AS WELL AS THE ROVERS DID, MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S COOLER TODAY, IT'S TAKING A LOT LONGER FOR THE FAST SETUP CA TO SETUP.
I'VE DID THE INSIDE SEAM WITH IC 2000 TO MAKE SURE THEY STAY IN PLACE AND WILL HAVE TO LET THAT SET UP FOR A WHILE TO CURE NOW.

HAS ANYONE BUILT A SET WITH CHISEL TREADS? I'VE GOT A TOTAL OF 20 CHISELS, ACTUALLY 12 OF THEM SHOULD BE HERE ANY DAY, THAT I'VE PICKED UP ON THE FORUM AT A GOOD PRICE.

I'M STILL DEBATING ON WHEELS, I'VE GOT ANOTHER SET OF AXIAL BEADLOCKS I'M GONNA NARROW, BUT THEY HAVE SUCH A BAD OFFSET WHEN NARROWED FOR THE BULLY'S.
THE BLAST WHEELS I LIKE, I JUST DON'T CARE FOR GLUING THE TIRES TO THE RIMS. ARE'NT THE BLAST'S 115mm UNLIKE THE AXIAL'S WHICH ARE 40'S?

A couple more pic's.

Am thinking about trying my hand at building a set of 6" rovers for my creeper with the boss claw sidewalls.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 466
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 463
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 465
FIRST DESRT CAT DONE "thumbsup", SEEMS THAT THE CLAWS DON'T GLUE TOGETHER AS WELL AS THE CLAWS TO THE MOABS.
TURNED OUT PRETTY GOOD, ONLY 3 MORE TO GO, THEN GOTTA START ON THE WHEELS. BEEN LOOKING AT BLAST'S AND TECH 5'S FOR A BETTER OFFSET, THE AXIAL BEADLOCKS HAVE A LOT LESS OFFSET THAN THOSE , ESPECIALLY AFTER NARROWING.

Attachments

• 1ST DESERT CAT (8).jpg
    1ST DESERT CAT (8).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 435
  • 1ST DESERT CAT (7).jpg
    1ST DESERT CAT (7).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 443
  • 1ST DESERT CAT (6).jpg
    1ST DESERT CAT (6).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 454
  • 1ST DESERT CAT (5).jpg
    1ST DESERT CAT (5).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 450
  • 1ST DESERT CAT (4).jpg
    1ST DESERT CAT (4).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 445
  • 1ST DESERT CAT (2).jpg
    1ST DESERT CAT (2).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 432
Well, I got all 4 tires done :mrgreen:. Time for the acetone to get cleaned up.
I guess I'll get the wheels narrowed next and cut a set of foams out also.
The tires came out at 8" and look pretty good.
I'll get some pic's soon.
Kinda wish i had a set of Blast's or Tech 5's to give a try, but it looks like Axial beadlocks for now.

Well, I got all 4 tires done :mrgreen:. Time for the acetone to get cleaned up.
I guess I'll get the wheels narrowed next and cut a set of foams out also.
The tires came out at 8" and look pretty good.
I'll get some pic's soon.
Kinda wish i had a set of Blast's or Tech 5's to give a try, but it looks like Axial beadlocks for now.
Making some Axial beadlocks right now until i find some thing better.

superberg051.jpg

superberg050.jpg

Why not. since I'm waiting on a set of Blast wheels for the last set of tires I built I figured I'de build another set since I still have another set of Axial beadlocks.
These are a lil differant, the tires are Imex Rubicon's for 3.2 rims and since I have 20 Rock Claws I figured I'de sacrifice 8 of them and try this out. I know the rubicons will streach enough to fit on the 40 series wheels so here is the start of the first one. Looks like they will be 7-3/4" tall.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 387
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 377
Well I got one of the tires done, the IC 2000 is setting up now.
Man these were a real PIA to get glued up, I don't know if it is because of the cooler temps now or if it's just the Imex rubber. Anyhow,almost 3 hours to glue up 1 tire.

Mail man just came and dropped off a set of Blast wheels. Now to narrow them up, got to get them done before sunday. I want to try them with my new Desert Cats. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 357
Back