• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Phyro's Colorado ZR2 - IFS Conversion

Well got some more done today. Kinda slow moving, but at least it is staying together. [emoji1]

Here is the bed frame so far:
fa1548289c9ee50a6463054b2fa88ef0.jpg

Still got about 4 L-Bones to frame up the wheel well openings. Then I’ll be making the floor.

Decided to check the fit real quick as well:
16e9cf264786a1c70446af8d7033b843.jpg

More updates to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi All,

Kinda mixed results this week. I got the frame finished to where I wanted it. Here is the frame now:
8072bc5d0b562110eb115f89431ff101.jpg

But don’t have a heat gun for shaping. Tried the boiling water but wasn’t able to get it hot enough to shape it correctly.

Here’s what the Colorado bed looks like normally:
82f2545a583c15a5e173a1319202fd83.jpg

There are some rounds down where the sides and the bed meet up.

Here is the model that I was working from:
7cbb9dd1e92237f8f913cefd137734e5.jpg

The white areas were going to be styrene, while the black areas were to be 3D printed.

I have a few options:
- design a full 3D print version of this bed
- remove the curve between the floor and side

How do you guys mold styrene to curves?

Well it has been a bit. Just a bit of an update, ordered some headlight and taillight buckets from Shapeways. Should be here by the end of the month.

I’ll be continuing on the build once those show up. I want to make sure the bed and taillights won’t interfere with each other. I am also removing the curved corners in the bed design, just don’t have the tools or ventilation to bend it the way I want.

I did get 2 of these in though:
4ee7b7402d864f2aed5be7773f81d4cd.jpg

It’s a 1/10th scale driver figure from Tamiya. Should work really well for a driver and passenger figure. Guess I might move to the interior for a bit until the lights buckets come in...

Well took a break while I was waiting on parts. Ended up working on SCX10.3 kit for a while. Parts showed up today!

e641c1b73c8aef022436fa90f4e95c84.jpg

Pictured here are some headlight and taillight buckets for the Colorado. I’ll paint the taillight buckets metallic red and the headlights metallic silver / amber later on.

fbee457511bd83039ff4ce2f93e61209.jpg

7c421318e224f77b269fd22fb83d7a0f.jpg

They fit pretty good overall, just need to make sure there is room for the LEDs. Time to really get moving on the design process. Should be able to get the new bed frame finished this weekend if the week goes well.

Hi All,

Going to put this body in holding pattern. The polystyrene dust and plastic weld fumes have been making me sick. (No real good way to vent the apartment during the winter, northern Midwest.) I’ll be returning to this project mid spring.

In the meantime, the Enduro is getting a facelift. Trip to the hobby shop for SCX10.3 parts resulted in a new body coming home. I’ll keep it a surprise, but let’s say it’s for a different truck normally.

Back