• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Phyro's Colorado ZR2 - IFS Conversion

I did it for clearance, as I want to do a full drop bed on the truck.

The suspension is definitely softer right now. Definitely due to laying the shocks down.

As for articulation, there is a bind due to the rear bumper mount. I’ll get the tires back on tomorrow and try out the articulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did it for clearance, as I want to do a full drop bed on the truck.

The suspension is definitely softer right now. Definitely due to laying the shocks down.

As for articulation, there is a bind due to the rear bumper mount. I’ll get the tires back on tomorrow and try out the articulation.

Oh ok, sounds good[emoji106]

Drop bed will look great on that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mounted up the tires. Here is the rear flex currently:
2245102cdb1f45d2b548b1775f6aad88.jpg

Well this was an interesting adventure with this suspension. Turns out, I increased my rear travel by doing this. Ended up doing some Trigonometry for a monument and verified my results.

I am hoping to have a V2 design done by this weekend. Going to strengthen the lower mount and add a clamp near the outer bearing to remove the flex. The shock tower/brace will also get a minor fix to remove the binding with the rear bumper mount.

Lol.

It is going to take a bit of time right now. No personal 3D printer, so prints takes a bit. Though I am expecting parts on the 24th.

Well I got the design done for the rear suspension now. Made it so that the stock ride height works with the IFS. Also the lower mounts can be flipped to work with Stock BK’s ride height as well.

284fe21259c2f6c6420b009736479668.jpg

There was a bit to much flex in the original mounts. I added a clamp to the outer portion, hope it helps.

With rear wrapping up, I decided to start work on the bed modifications. I won’t be running the roof rack that is in previous pictures as of right now. So that body was chopped up. [emoji2957](Hood is also making an appearance.)

Here’s the bed now:
96e03d22a82ddbc1d480e78f1cde30d6.jpg

Now I am able to start on the firewall for the cab and the front of the bed. I will also be doing a new roll hoop as well.

I’ll post picks of the mock ups some time this weekend.

Well I got the design done for the rear suspension now. Made it so that the stock ride height works with the IFS. Also the lower mounts can be flipped to work with Stock BK’s ride height as well.

284fe21259c2f6c6420b009736479668.jpg

There was a bit to much flex in the original mounts. I added a clamp to the outer portion, hope it helps.

With rear wrapping up, I decided to start work on the bed modifications. I won’t be running the roof rack that is in previous pictures as of right now. So that body was chopped up. [emoji2957](Hood is also making an appearance.)

Here’s the bed now:
96e03d22a82ddbc1d480e78f1cde30d6.jpg

Now I am able to start on the firewall for the cab and the front of the bed. I will also be doing a new roll hoop as well.

I’ll post picks of the mock ups some time this weekend.

Look forward to seeing them and how you attach the cab wall to the cab. I’m doing the exact same thing with my body, but I don’t know the best way to attach it.

It’s going to be a challenge. I am planning on using Shoe Goo and some hard points for both the bed and the cab.

It’s going to be a challenge. I am planning on using Shoe Goo and some hard points for both the bed and the cab.

Yes, definitely is a challenge.

I think I may even use a couple L brackets and bolt it on.

You might look for scale details near the back of the cab. You can use them to hide the bolts. If doing a standard cab, you could tie it into the door handles. In my case there is an antenna on the real truck at the top of the cab.

Here is one of the first videos I seen some one doing this on a lexan body. https://youtu.be/5eyZeUa39hE

You might look for scale details near the back of the cab. You can use them to hide the bolts. If doing a standard cab, you could tie it into the door handles. In my case there is an antenna on the real truck at the top of the cab.

Here is one of the first videos I seen some one doing this on a lexan body. https://youtu.be/5eyZeUa39hE

Yeah, I am turning the TRX4 Bronco body to a f150 truggy. So hiding them with door handles and accessories will work.

I think 2 L brackets and the rest gluing will work

Last edited:
While I was at my parents place for Thanksgiving, I was able to get the electronics sorted. Here is what the layout looks like:
679d11b4a1d8b84e9e48fc6fbedcc4af.jpg

I was doing some running around the house, so I put the original shock towers back on.

Well the parts showed up today!! I finally have a bumper that fits the body.

56f8f31ee0ba8b2b60342eae11d7db27.jpg

1f4d338f0206392e5762a26435617a30.jpg

95206fceb25f9e47d21f2bd86e5d99ab.jpg

And the rear bumper came out pretty good as well.

0a258d15dbb45f7d0fe47de432c81f65.jpg

147741ecee096a408056c14133a61056.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I think it is time to start mocking up the bed next. I will be working with Styrene for the first time, so wish me luck.

Well the parts showed up today!! I finally have a bumper that fits the body.

56f8f31ee0ba8b2b60342eae11d7db27.jpg

1f4d338f0206392e5762a26435617a30.jpg

95206fceb25f9e47d21f2bd86e5d99ab.jpg

And the rear bumper came out pretty good as well.

0a258d15dbb45f7d0fe47de432c81f65.jpg

147741ecee096a408056c14133a61056.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I think it is time to start mocking up the bed next. I will be working with Styrene for the first time, so wish me luck.

Dude! Those looks great! Are the mounting posts printed too? PETG I imagine?

They are 3D printed currently. I had them sent to a 3D print shop to be made out MJF Polyamide (Nylon 12). Should stand up to abuse a bit better than PTEG.

They are 3D printed currently. I had them sent to a 3D print shop to be made out MJF Polyamide (Nylon 12). Should stand up to abuse a bit better than PTEG.

Heck yeah! Good to hear printing the posts worked, I want to design/print a bumper for my TRX4. [emoji1690]

Bumpers look awesome!"thumbsup" They fit the body great!

Have fun with the styrene work. It's really not too bad to work and can be used to make some cool stuff! I just started working with styrene a few months ago and the couple little items I made didn't come out too bad!

Back