• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

PEE WEE's CDW Chump V2 Proto

Got lucky and picked up a set of JP Warrior 35t motors. A matched set 2 of 10 sets made!::mrgreen:
58bfa905.jpg

Can't wait to try these out!"thumbsup"

Just got home from picking up a few more goodies from Hobbytown Concord, CA.
A V2 aluminum locker from RC Bros.
A set of knuckles hats from D_lux. and
A Mann HD hardened 2nd gear.
ff8468ba.jpg

Thanks Mike!"thumbsup"

Started with the installation of the mann 2nd gear in the front. Removing the pin from the v1 gear was snug and installing the new one in v2 hardened was snug also.
Then tried to install the knuckle hats. The fitment was way to tight and 3 of the 4 had to be forced in. After that decided to check the rest of the fitment. Fit nice on the c's, but then bolted them down and found you can only snug them. If the screw was tight on the hat the knuckle was tight. After backing them off a little knuckle moved freely. Thinking that the hat now only moves on the stock screws and not in the knuckles. Think I will remove them. Great idea and no sloop but what a hassle.
The RcBros. locker is next when done with the drilled gears.

Last edited:
Are those V2's or 1's?? What is the big difference between V1's and V2's?? People say to get V1's but I can't find any..:shock:

Are those V2's or 1's?? What is the big difference between V1's and V2's?? People say to get V1's but I can't find any..:shock:

If you are talking about the Mann gears, I have run the V1's for about a year now and have not broken a second or third gear. Decided to put theV2 hardened up front because the front gets used more often.
The V1's were showing some wear in the front and the rear is still fine.

If your talking about the RcBros. locker the V2 was the one I was told to use just haven't installed it yet.

If your talking about the knuckle hats, I'm not aware of V1 or V2.

He's asking about the axles...they're V1's! V2's are ALL BLACK and look completely different!!!!!!

Cool!!! They look good!!!8)
Thanks LJ(Josh)! But they dont't stay that way forever.

I also want to Thank Erik D_lux for helping me try to figure out my knuckle bushing problem which he's working with me on now. After posting on his thread with my problem he replied right away and is trying to get me taken care of asap. Wow awesome customer service!"thumbsup"

So got the knuckle bushings hopefully figured out with Erik D_lux and he will get them shipped out when he receives them. Thanks again Erik!"thumbsup"

In the meantime decided to install my RcBros locker and newly drilled gears. The locker itself was more than half the weight of the berg locker but I didn't weigh my gears.
b7ceb3e5.jpg

Thanks LJ(Josh)! But they dont't stay that way forever.

I also want to Thank Erik D_lux for helping me try to figure out my knuckle bushing problem which he's working with me on now. After posting on his thread with my problem he replied right away and is trying to get me taken care of asap. Wow awesome customer service!"thumbsup"

My knuckle bushings work great! sorry to hear you had such a problem.
I used the "Burg style" bushings on my "Axial style" knuckles (short bushings were packaged with the burg label) and it was a perfect fit...

longer bushings fit the Vanquish knuckles with NO dimple "dished out" area where the button head screw goes...

shorter bushings fit the knuckles with the "dished out" area

My knuckle bushings work great! sorry to hear you had such a problem.
I used the "Burg style" bushings on my "Axial style" knuckles (short bushings were packaged with the burg label) and it was a perfect fit...

longer bushings fit the Vanquish knuckles with NO dimple "dished out" area where the button head screw goes...

shorter bushings fit the knuckles with the "dished out" area
I'm running the VP axial high steer so it uses the taller bushing. What Erik has found they need to be a little taller. So waiting on those bushings.

I'm running the VP axial high steer so it uses the taller bushing. What Erik has found they need to be a little taller. So waiting on those bushings.

perfect"thumbsup" He's always willing to make his products correct if there is ever a problem

For some reason a couple of the NON zero ackerman knuckles have a thicker area where the bushing sits. Pee Wee is lucky because he has 1 out of 4 sets that the bushings do not fit. :mrgreen:

My next batch is going to be a touch taller through the top of the knuckle so it will now fit 99% of all the Vanquish knuckles I have found.

I think there may be something other weird going on though too. I put a million different sets through my knuckles and never had a problem. Then I put my Super 300's in and it would bind just like Pee Wee is having a problem with. I took the axles out and steering off to rule out any other problems it the bind/drag went away. I am not 100% sure what took the bind out but I am running the same bushings and screws as when it did bind. The only thing I can think of is that I put the hex pin in the axle and that it was sitting further in the knuckle than it should have been.

Sorry, didnt mean to ramble or hi jack. Just some stuff to try if it does not work.

For some reason a couple of the NON zero ackerman knuckles have a thicker area where the bushing sits. Pee Wee is lucky because he has 1 out of 4 sets that the bushings do not fit. :mrgreen:

My next batch is going to be a touch taller through the top of the knuckle so it will now fit 99% of all the Vanquish knuckles I have found.

I think there may be something other weird going on though too. I put a million different sets through my knuckles and never had a problem. Then I put my Super 300's in and it would bind just like Pee Wee is having a problem with. I took the axles out and steering off to rule out any other problems it the bind/drag went away. I am not 100% sure what took the bind out but I am running the same bushings and screws as when it did bind. The only thing I can think of is that I put the hex pin in the axle and that it was sitting further in the knuckle than it should have been.

Sorry, didnt mean to ramble or hi jack. Just some stuff to try if it does not work.

The extra input is great Erik and who knows the taller bushing may fix the screw problem with the super 300's.

See fellow crawlers Erik D_lux has been great as a vendor and is there to help when there is a problem. "thumbsup"

Thanks again Erik!"thumbsup"

Time to replace my Futaba 9157 steering servo. Had this servo for over 2 years and after our Wednesday night get together it locked up on me on my second course going through gate 10. But I finished the course with a -8 cause I had to take the gate. :mrgreen:

Also got a pm from Erik D_lux and my new knuckle bushings are on there way. "thumbsup"

That sucks.. How did you like the Futaba up til now?? Was it worth the money?? What are planing to go with this time around??

Back