• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

PEE WEE's CDW Chump V2 Proto

Your truck has a new great stance! Great work Pee-Wee!"thumbsup"

Those bodies are nice I liked mine but definetly heavier than a bodyless top.

Thanks Waiting Dragon! I definitely like the look and that fact that it sits about 3/8" lower than the OG Grappler. But after running the XR10 body at the comp today I found it tougher to get back on the tires after landing on my lid because it leans to one side. The OG Grappler will rock forward and back to get it flipped back over. Just have to stay off my lid and on the tires. :roll:Ya good luck with that.

comp3152.jpg

comp3157.jpg

comp3159.jpg

comp3160.jpg

Damn berg drivers, so hard on their rigs.:ror:
comp3161.jpg

comp3163.jpg

comp3173.jpg

Thanks Shelby for the great pics. "thumbsup" your dad definitely has a knack with the camera.

Berg drivers can be harder on the stuff cause the don't have to worry so much about those plastic axles. :mrgreen:

Hope to see you under the 101.

Thanks Shelby for the great pics. "thumbsup" your dad definitely has a knack with the camera.

Berg drivers can be harder on the stuff cause the don't have to worry so much about those plastic axles. :mrgreen:

Hope to see you under the 101.

Yeah, you guys make be jealous.:ror:

Yep, ill be there tomorrow, made a ghetto battery mount behind the motor to try out.

New skid!

Just got my new 1/8" skid from 8-454!:mrgreen:
This is the old skid.
ef4fb9fd.jpg
Because of the way the lower links are supported I wanted a little more support.
4ec82524.jpg

The new skid!"thumbsup"
85e4a8bd.jpg

Thanks 8-454!"thumbsup"

Looks great Pee-Wee!

Good job 8-454!

You might wanna try Al hex braces on that skid to keep the screws from the links from walking out!

That rig just keeps on getting better!"thumbsup"

Looks great Pee-Wee!

Good job 8-454!

You might wanna try Al hex braces on that skid to keep the screws from the links from walking out!

That rig just keeps on getting better!"thumbsup"

Thanks Waiting Dragon!

Chump isn't using the hex stock anymore for the lower links. The screws going into the delrin are pretty tight and with the aluminum side plates there isn't alot of stress on the screws to loosen up. I check them every so often and if the do loosen up I will have to make some out of the hex stock.

Looking good Greg, did you notch the sideplates for the skid or just lay them on top of the skid?

Looking good Greg, did you notch the sideplates for the skid or just lay them on top of the skid?
Thanks Travis!
The skid was notched down a 1/16". Kept the same width as stock so the other 1/16" is on the link mounts and just made it a little wider for the side plates.
a403eda6.jpg

So I decided to change my clocking of the rear axle by clocking the tubes. I had been running the rear axle with the clocking through the upper links. The reason for this was to get the lower link to be more inline with the case and motor. Also helped with the shock angle and much more stable now. This also shortened my wheel base. But I was able to fix that with a little link re adjustment.
6c27dfab.jpg

12cc2ebc.jpg

Thanks to Roksloski and Crawlin4fun who helped out with the clocking and removal of some screws that didn't want to come out. "thumbsup"

No problem......
clockin was a piece of cake, it was the screws that were a problem to get out one handed. thats where CRAWIN 4 FUN came in...

Truck looks good..........

Looks real good.
Where was that Comp at, the rocks looks great!
How did you manage to get the servo to fit between the axle and the motor?
Is that something I can do with my 1st gen Berg?

Last edited:
Looks real good.
Where was that Comp at, the rocks looks great!
How did you manage to get the servo to fit between the axle and the motor?
Is that something I can do with my 1st gen Berg?
Thanks toy4crawlin!

The last comp was at Deer Creek in Rocklin just outside Sac.

As far as the servo I had the steering kit done by Chump. The long tube was notched and the motor case was re drilled up and back. I don't see why you couldn't do it with first gen. 66bronco does it and I'm sure there are others.

Back