• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

PEE WEE's CDW Chump V2 Proto

No the tie rod is not new.
My tires are into the shocks at my steering stops. Don't want anymore because could max out the cvd's in the Super300's. As for the servo this is the same servo I started with on my 1st build.

X2 More steering isn't any good if you can't use it. I know all about that:roll:.

Lookin good though. I like how balanced the chassis looks set up.

X2 More steering isn't any good if you can't use it. I know all about that:roll:.

Lookin good though. I like how balanced the chassis looks set up.
Thanks Everett! We will have to get together and figure out something different with the skid. Like the last one you built for me."thumbsup"
The 1/16" skid is just a little to thin for me.

We all know I need to gain some weight. HA! HA!

Then go ahead and comp with an 18 wheeler and see how you like the 300 feet turning radius.:shock:

We have been running the same steering on our rigs all along.The tire can only go so far into the shock and link set up. We all drive our rigs knowing what to do with what we have.
So call it what you want. When yours breaks you will know why. Hope you have spare parts.

Last edited:
We have been running the same steering on our rigs all along. So call it what you want. When yours breaks you will know why. Hope you have spare parts.

If you are are afraid of breaking it, then don't play with it.

Don't take it so personal Greg, I raced RC for about five years and going fast always breaks parts, high torque servos, high traction tires, high power motors and batteries all break parts. My post on trying to guess whet was different said something about extending the life of your servo, not breaking it dude.

So I will ask you please don't get all sarcastic on me.

Breaking parts is just a part of the sport not the whole enchilada, pushing the limits is keeping competition alive.

I will comment no more on your guy's rigs since I am not looking forward on creating enemies out of you two.

Back to the build

Here is the 1/16" thick skid and how it mounts. It fits between the chassis and screws to a block that supports the lower links. So what I am going to have done is a 1/8" skid that will be 1/16" below the side plates of the chassis and the other 1/16" will fit the way it does now. It will be 1 piece and it will be more supportive for the link block/ spacer. It will still be able to be removed.
e249c14a.jpg
ef4fb9fd.jpg

Will get pics as soon as it is done. "thumbsup"

Updates? Getting any closer or are you waiting for me to whittle out a skid plate:mrgreen:?

I think I'm going to get it together with the skid it came with so I can get my electronics figured out.
When you are feeling better we will get the revised skid figured out. "thumbsup"

Well decided to proceed with using 1/16" skid while waiting for the 1/8" skid by 8-454.
Also need to get it together for Nor-Calrcrc comp on Saturday.

Thanks to Sloski who came over and gave me some ideas on mounting my electronics. With his one good hand and both of mine we got the soldering done other than my Brood motors being freshened up. Should have motors back on Wednesday.
103251a3.jpg

47825de6.jpg

This is newly painted body Roksloski painted for me. I had just mounted it on old chump chassis with the adjustable losi shocks arms when Cump offered to sell me one of these new Chump V2 Proto type chassis. The new chassis mounts are a little closer together in length which also means the shocks are laid down alittle more. So for now was able to use one of the existing mounting holes and covered the other with a sticker. So hacked it up some more and made it work. The next one will be fitted a little better. "thumbsup"
cc3d3b64.jpg

518c4b7f.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, nice job Greg."thumbsup"
One thing I would suggest in the future is bending the uppers so they go on the outside of the chassis.

And if you really really need a skid out of 1/8" I might be able to pull that off for you. ;-)

Looks good, nice job Greg."thumbsup"
One thing I would suggest in the future is bending the uppers so they go on the outside of the chassis.

And if you really really need a skid out of 1/8" I might be able to pull that off for you. ;-)

Thanks Anthony!
I was doing some mock up with the links I have and was going to ask about upper link length for the bends. That is definitely the plan. "thumbsup"
Hopefully I will see you Saturday and we can talk about the skid also.

Got my Brood motors back from JPH Hobbies. Jake said brushes were fine and a little clean on the com. Already to go! Should be a runner by tomorrow. "thumbsup"
Thank you Jake!
ce5e24f7.jpg

Time for some more soldering.

It's Official! It drives sweet and definatelty lighter so i think it climbs easier.
The ultimate test will be Saturday at the Nor-Calrcrc comp. "thumbsup"
Mann if you make it to the comp you can test it out.

0bbe713e.jpg

Back