• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

PEE WEE's CDW Chump V2 Proto

Thanks to 8-454 who gave me one of bowtie's sticker kit for my dx3r. I guess it was in a sticker kit he was blowing out at one time. But it's new to me!"thumbsup"
9b334e06.jpg

Spacers

So I decided to make some front upper link spacers to kinda match the JeepinDoug shock spacers.
Started with some Lunsford 20 mm standoffs from the bargain bin at Hobbytown. I sand blasted them. Then cut 1 in half and made 2. So after alot of sanding to get them the the desired size here they are.
c8a84e60.jpg

Man....... A -78 for the day with the new cdw chassis and d-lux knuckle weights and not even gonna tell everybody about it. Are you trying to keep it a secret or something.;-)

:mrgreen:Just kidding nice job today!

Man....... A -78 for the day with the new cdw chassis and d-lux knuckle weights and not even gonna tell everybody about it. Are you trying to keep it a secret or something.;-)

:mrgreen:Just kidding nice job today!

Thanks 8-454!

I have to say the new set up worked awesome. "thumbsup"
With the triangulation of the upper links, the new chump v2 chassis and the D_lux knuckle weights I have no complaints.
A nearly perfect day at the NBRCC comp with bonuses on 2 of the 3 courses cleaned and only 2 reverses for the day I couldn't be happier!:mrgreen:

Nice job at the comp yesterday!...good thing I wasn't there. :flipoff::ror:

Thanks Chump!"thumbsup"
Your right good thing you were not there. :flipoff:
You would have had to sell your XR10, build another Berg and we would not see you for another 3 months. :lmao:

Nice rig, so you said it was lighter, what's it weigh in at rtr - the wheels/weights?

Last set up was at 6.6lbs. New set up is 5.9lbs with battery and body. Would like to be around 5.6lbs. Gonna mess with knuckle weights and some re wiring. "thumbsup"

Bergs are to simple

Just wait you will be building another one soon enough:mrgreen:

Sorry for the thread jack...

Looking good Pee Wee, I really like the 6lb range once you start to get it on the knuckles.

Just wait you will be building another one soon enough:mrgreen:

Sorry for the thread jack...

Looking good Pee Wee, I really like the 6lb range once you start to get it on the knuckles.

Thanks rob. Like the way the rigs working right now. "thumbsup"
But want to get the rest of the lead out of the wheels. Probably will end up a little lighter with my knuckle weight/wheel and hub set up.

Decided to try a new to me XR10 body that bcrofts gave me now that he has sold all of his rc stuff and gotten out of the sport/hobby.
I have always run OG grappler bodies and have a collection of new ones but thought I would change it up.
216cbff0.jpg

35c24227.jpg

Decided to try a new to me XR10 body that bcrofts gave me now that he has sold all of his rc stuff and gotten out of the sport/hobby.
I have always run OG grappler bodies and have a collection of new ones but thought I would change it up.
216cbff0.jpg

35c24227.jpg

Your truck has a new great stance! Great work Pee-Wee!"thumbsup"

Those bodies are nice I liked mine but definetly heavier than a bodyless top.

Back